• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTA Online crash - D3DERR_DEVICELOST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if the headphones are usb then it is plausible as they run on their own adapter.

if op is using any extra sound card then that may be the issue, I wouldn't know how to solve it without resorting to the built-in sound card.
Someone else may help here.

that error is graphics related, either the driver is crashing or something totally unrelated. Although when driver crashes you would notice.

Do you have any additional hardware in your computer?

all i have on my pc is my 1tb hdd with the game installed (i downloaded gta from steam) and all the files for gta on it, my ssd with other steam games, my logitech g502 gaming mouse, my logitech g510s keyboard and razer kraken chroma (usb only headphones) that is plugged

edit: i tried to play without my kraken plugged ... with an jack 1/8 to speakers ... didn't worked

i tried to change my gpu ... i borrowed one from my friend ... it didn't helped

Does it happen with any other games? What happens if you run a benchmark like Unigene Heaven (or Valley) or 3DMark Firestrike, etc?

sometimes in cod bo1, skyrim, evolve stage 2 put much less

what settings do i put i Unigene Heaven

result for the Unigene Heaven test

Settings

Presets: Custom
API: DX11
Quality: High
Tessellation: Moderate
Stereo 3D: Disabled
Multi_monitor: Disabled
Anti-aliasing: x2
Fullscreen
1920x1080

Result:

stop using those headphones then report back. Direct3d is not only responsible for graphics, you can also handle audio with it. it's been a long time since I fiddled with it so I don't know for sure, but it is most probably the usb headphones as they use their own "sound card".

edit: Didn't read the edit on your previous post, please discard this comment. I am lost, I think you should seek help with the developer, but I doubt they will even listen or care.

Rockstar isn't helping ... i already went to their help section and also contacted them before coming here

I really would have never thought of that, I am happy for you.

I hope you enjoy the online more than I did =)

Back