• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTA Online Fans Furious As 180+ Cars Are Removed, Some Now Paywalled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

"...while the new free expansion, San Andreas Mercenaries, adds new missions, other assorted content, and much-needed quality-of-life changes, it also removes over 180 cars and motorcycles from in-game stores. This massive removal of content has not gone over well with fans, especially as several of the cut cars have been placed behind a GTA+ paywall."

Thus game has been out what, 20 years now, lol, and they pull this?? Not even grandfathering in those who made the purchase? GJ Rockstar.

Thus game has been out what, 20 years now, lol, and they pull this?? Not even grandfathering in those who made the purchase? GJ Rockstar.
Grand Theft Auto Online will be out 10 years in October. It launched on October 1, 2013, two weeks after Grand Theft Auto V's release. It didn't even come out for Windows until April 2015. I remember that well because I pre-orded GTA V from Gamestop and couldn't pick it up until after midnight.

I guess I should explain I was being sarcastic about how long it was out, lol...

...my point was that it's been out FOREVER (10, 20 years, who cares!) and they are pulling this stunt. :)

Pretty crappy, but I talked with a coworker who plays it on occasion, he said that pretty much everything being pulled has better versions already in the game, and mostly you get a rocket bike then don't touch anything else anyway

In a place where I can't watch the video - did they switch to real makes & models of cars? If so that might explain why some were removed, licensing expired or is about to.

In a place where I can't watch the video - did they switch to real makes & models of cars? If so that might explain why some were removed, licensing expired or is about to.
OYe... like that EA golf game ot something?

I really haven't read too much about it outside of that vid in the background... lol

OYe... like that EA golf game ot something?

I really haven't read too much about it outside of that vid in the background... lol
Maybe.

I just know I had two games I liked when I was a wee lad pulled due to licensing.. 4x4 Evo 2 was pulled from sale after two years due to vehicle licensing, and Need For Speed Underground was pulled due to music licensing.

Licensing, it throws things wonky.

Maybe.

I just know I had two games I liked when I was a wee lad pulled due to licensing.. 4x4 Evo 2 was pulled from sale after two years due to vehicle licensing, and Need For Speed Underground was pulled due to music licensing.

Licensing, it throws things wonky.

Riders on the Storm

Riders on the Storm
The ONLY reason I get the urge to play NFS:U

This totally sucks. I'm totally going to boycott this game, even tho I never intended to buy/pirate/play this game.

My real comment is why Louis Rossman making a video about a game? I thought he was all about Apple/Right to Repair and complaining about the decline of NYC.

My real comment is why Louis Rossman making a video about a game? I thought he was all about Apple/Right to Repair and complaining about the decline of NYC.
He's also completely against subscription services (Vs owning the item) in general, and this game is a perfect example of that model starting to be the standard everywhere...

Back