• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gtx 980ti ref design noise levels?? Or Zotac GeForce GTX 980Ti AMP Edition??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord Lorenzo

Registered
What are the noise levels like on the reference design 980ti's?? I have a define r3 case which is fairly well sound proofed and has decent air flow...I dont mind a bit of whooshing, and I understand its to be expected, just dont want It to constantly annoy me...do the fans rarely hit 100% and will it be extremely noticeable? Im coming from a 970 oc silent "infin8 black edition"...the h60 in my system will be changed to push pull using two Noctua's, so it'll be exhausting air out back, aswell as the 980 (ref design) if I decide to purchase...seem like the best solution??

Also the Zotac GeForce GTX 980Ti AMP Edition*

Could be an option, anyone who owns one??

Attachments

• 1436874469796.jpg
    1436874469796.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,986
Last edited:
Yeah I have read through all of that, I just wanted some owners opinions and real world scenarios...

Ahh, gotcha :thup:

I have yet to own one (hopefully soon...) but everything I've read about the maxwell reference coolers is that they do a pretty damn good job for relatively quiet operation. Not as good as AIB/aftermarket ones, but compared to AMD cards it's supposed to be night and day.

I know the MSI Gaming 980Ti is whisper quiet (review on the front page). Not sure on the Zotac though. Any aftermarket cooler is likely to be quieter than a reference model.

I wouldn't pay the premium for the zotac. I would get something like that MSI Gaming or EVGA ACX2 models for $20+ cheaper and overclock it to the AMP! levels.

Ahh, gotcha :thup:

I have yet to own one (hopefully soon...) but everything I've read about the maxwell reference coolers is that they do a pretty damn good job for relatively quiet operation. Not as good as AIB/aftermarket ones, but compared to AMD cards it's supposed to be night and day.

Yeah ive got two choices go with the ref design...or spend £10 more and go for the Zotac amp edition? Im just thinking whats best to keep temps down in my case, mabye a ref design exhausting air out would be better suited? Im Not sure :/ ...

Have to agree, the three fan cooler will make less noise,

If you case has good airflow it should not be a huge factor, if not it will certainly add a lot of heat inside your case

Back