• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX285 SLI or new single card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Buy another 285 and let it fly under air, don't bother adding it to your loop. You can get another 285 a lot cheaper and if you're just gaming with them you'll be fine. I'm running two 285s myself under water but I built my system this way.

I've had single and dual cards. Me personally I like the single card solution but then again im not under water. If I was it might be a different story because of the heat and noise that 2 cards can put out can be a lot.

I love my 285, though since I waited this long for an upgrade if im going to might as well go to a 5xx series or the 68/69xx of ATI's cards now. Why settle for last gen when you can go all out for a new card ;) Besides you can sell the 285 and make some money to help pay off the newer card. Thats what I do and covers anywhere from 33-50% of the new card, depending on what I get.

Hmm just saw the thread about the gtx570. I may just wait and see how that pans out. If the price is in the 350 range I may just go to that and put it on the 2x120 rad in it's own loop with the i7 in it's own loop on the 3x120 rad.

Hmm just saw the thread about the gtx570. I may just wait and see how that pans out. If the price is in the 350 range I may just go to that and put it on the 2x120 rad in it's own loop with the i7 in it's own loop on the 3x120 rad.
Good idea:clap:
next week should be interesting

Back