• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX295 instock on newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you guys reckon it will be worth going GTX 295 quad sli? I will probably hold off but it is tempting : \
No. Why? What cant one run?

Or again, are you a benching queen? Require your e-peen to be larger than everyone? Or just on a benching team? (not meant to be insulting please note).

I'm going with the 295 in a few weeks but only one, at that price I'm lucky to get one, thank god for taxes.

And I got a 780i mobo. doh:bang head

You think it would be worth it even after having the GTX 280s linked and OC'd mildly?

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-295-review-bfg/11

read from that page on.

2x 280GTX's beat the 295. and in some games there's is a good amount more fps now just a little.

i would stick with the 280's. Viper said this in an other thread, they make these 2x cards to throw something to compete with ati or give something to people that wanting more to buy them more time for their better cards (214GT core mid this year and 300gt core at the end)

A single GTX295 is basically right between two of the GTX260 216 and GTX280. If you have two GTX280 in SLI theres no reason to get a GTX295 unless you want to go quad SLI.

Edit: I forgot to add this card is BRAND NEW the ATI card has been out for awhile. It is $500 now but it is faster than the ATI. Give it less than a month to come down in price and it should be even or close.

Anyone notice that even if you get a single slot cooler, you'll still be forced to take up two card spaces out of the back of your computer? :( I hope this trend doesn't reoccur with the 300 series.

I paid 290 for each of my GTX 260/216s, so step up would be a little over $200 for each to get a 295... with 28 days left to step up. What are the odds that they would drop the price sometime in that period.

I emailed em wondering if i could send in both my 260s for one 295, hopefully thats cool with them

I will be buying this card in a week or so. To have ALMOST 2x 280's(at least the same number of stream processors) in 1 card spewing out LESS heat than 2x 280s would be a big plus in my book. Would prolly buy another later this summer or fall to go quad sli. This will be goin with a Core i7 920 system im getting ready to build. I've put this new build off long enough. and yes im still using the comp in my sig...lol

I will be buying this card in a week or so. To have ALMOST 2x 280's(at least the same number of stream processors) in 1 card spewing out LESS heat than 2x 280s would be a big plus in my book. Would prolly buy another later this summer or fall to go quad sli. This will be goin with a Core i7 920 system im getting ready to build. I've put this new build off long enough. and yes im still using the comp in my sig...lol

That is going to be a nice performance jump.

--pak

Anyone notice that even if you get a single slot cooler, you'll still be forced to take up two card spaces out of the back of your computer? :( I hope this trend doesn't reoccur with the 300 series.

No, I didn't notice. Can you elaborate on a specific model? All the single-slot cooler cards like the 8800/9800GT and 4850 only take up 1 slot in the back, and all the dual-slot coolers on cards like this one (The GTX 295 has to be dual-slot since it has 2 PCB's) take up 2 slots in the back.

I got the card up and running, had to move some cables around in the case as it is so long!

Cant seem to get vantage/3dmark06 working with windows 7 as of yet, still working on it : \

GPU-z:
GTX295.png

500 dollars for a video card. Jesus christ

Oh come on, thats nothing new. The 8800ultra was $749 when it first came out. I believe the GTX280 was $649 when it came out and look at the prices now. The 295 hotness JUST came out. :)

Yeah really... Complaining about the fastest single pcie slot videocard out being $500 is crazy!!! We are darn lucky its not more!

Where they o/c GTS 512s? Was your CPU set the same as it was with the GTS? Settings the same (AA/AF off, set to performance and not Quality etc). How does it compare to similar setups on the ORB?

Guys I am only getting 500 more points in 3dmark 06 with system in sig over 2 8800gts 512mb??? Is this right? - 23544

That makes me happy!! its 1 card! not TWO!! This card doesn't shine till you have eye candy on using 24+ inch monitors... Remember that!

No, I didn't notice. Can you elaborate on a specific model? All the single-slot cooler cards like the 8800/9800GT and 4850 only take up 1 slot in the back, and all the dual-slot coolers on cards like this one (The GTX 295 has to be dual-slot since it has 2 PCB's) take up 2 slots in the back.

Look at the back plate: GTX295. With other graphics cards, if you switch to a single slot cooler, you can remove or replace the back plate with a single slot version since the connectors are on the side with the board. Here, they add an HDMI connector and place the DVI connectors on the second slot side of the black plate. This is going to make it impossible to do SLI and run a sound card or any other card between the graphics cards. Like I said, I surely hope this doesn't continue with the 300 series. Some of us actually use the other slots on the motherboard. This seems to be the nVidia reference design. All of the 295 cards have this issue.

Look at the back plate: GTX295. With other graphics cards, if you switch to a single slot cooler, you can remove or replace the back plate with a single slot version since the connectors are on the side with the board. Here, they add an HDMI connector and place the DVI connectors on the second slot side of the black plate. This is going to make it impossible to do SLI and run a sound card or any other card between the graphics cards. Like I said, I surely hope this doesn't continue with the 300 series. Some of us actually use the other slots on the motherboard. This seems to be the nVidia reference design. All of the 295 cards have this issue.

First of all, the top of the card has a PCB, and the bottom has a PCB since it is basically 2 crippled GTX285's sandwiched together. Even if you completely remove the cooler the card will still take up the same amount of space. Any cooler you put on this card will either reside b/n the 2 PCB's just like the stock cooler, or it will have to wrap around in some form or fashion. Either way you look at it there is no way to make this card single-slot.

And where can you find a decent aftermarket single-slot cooler besides a water block?

This card already has internal SLI, so I guess you're talking about going quad-SLI w/ 2 of these? That is way overkill for any game on the market, and you can always go tri-SLI w/ some GTX285's and aftermarket waterblocks if you really need all that power and a sound card. Only reason to go quad-SLI is for benching, and you don't need a sound card for that. I wouldn't want to sandwich a sound card in there even if it did fit. The amount of heat it would have to endure would be ridiculous.

This card has a much smaller footprint as far as taking up slots compared to anything else I can think of given it's power. The only thing close is the 4870X2, and I don't think there is a single-slot cooler for that either.

Back