• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guess what (56k warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pf.Farnsworth

Guess what this little beauty doing in my garage :)

Was helping out hvac roommate buil a panel, actually he owns the house I live in but anyway. Pannel for some HEPA fans for a lab clean room. Some variable speed switches, and current detectors on the fan lines, if no current switch triggers a circuit that setts of the alarms tell them their fans are not running.

They are paying $12,000 for the panel, sad thing is they dont really need it. I mean its an upgrade from what they have but they basically had this one done so then can put something in when they take a wall down with the current wiring. I guess lab downtime for a day would cost them $100,000 so its a cost effective solution. They had 220v going though some switches that were not rated for the voltage, guess atleast they are up to specs now :)

Nice and neat, almost done.

14lp1.jpg

22yy.jpg

30re.jpg

47ce.jpg

56dz.jpg

As someone who used to do lots of wireing and cabling ... you have dont a very very nice job. That is the quality i like to work with and the quality i try to put into each of my builds.

thanks. Sad thing is the servicing hacks and electricians will make this puppy look like crap in a year or so :(

NoL said:
Looks beautiful. Too bad a few of those switches couldnt go missing.

Dont even start with me about that. Can you believe there was only one place in the entire US that made them. To boot they send the wrong once and had to send those bad and wait for the right once. The dead line looming and everything. Have to go though so much bs to get parts, half the places screwed up the parts orders. But the crazy part is there is only one company that makes switches that would work for whats needed at the rated voltage, bah humbug!

Epox4life said:
wow, how many hours went into that thing?

So so, it goes faster if you have been doing these alot. Some late nights and stress due to part orders being screwed up that really burns you bad when you have to have the panel done for the shutdown and you get the wrong parts. Anyway all is well that ends well.

Back