• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guild Wars 2 Pre Order is live...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah don't believe any date unless anet officially announces it. actually last summer i bet my friend it would NOT come out nov 2011...but he was convinced it would just because gamestop said nov 2011. i woulda felt bad taking more money from him lol

Just finished my DL of the beta client.
12.6Gig File + Exe @ 20.6Meg.

Guess this is only 1 of 3 major area's/cities? Still quiet impressive, looking forward to this weekend.

I haven't received my e-mail yet? It says my cd-key has already been registered after i tried again just to make sure it went through the first time. :l

I got an e-mail titled "You’re Invited to the Guild Wars 2 Beta Event April 27-29" late yesterday.

From there you get the rest of the info. Some where mentioning that is probably a staged event just to space the large DL's so the servers aren't totally hammered.

So who's on what servers? Like to team up with peeps tonight if possible.

I barely received the e-mail today, but I saw someone post a link to the beta client earlier. I played it for a little bit so far. Kinda hectic with so many people around, but it seems a little interesting so far. It's nice that everyone can somewhat be involved in the quests you do.

My Buddy and I are playing on Deldrimoor (Americas).
How is everyone enjoying the game? I switched over from Star Wars the Old Republic and even though that is a good MMO, I like GW2 a lot better ,there is SOOO MUCH to see and do, fun quests and very slick looking game.

Im in Ederon Tarrace myself.

So far really enjoying it. Many different selections for characters so it gives it a wide range of possibilities. As well am I seeing this correct there is only 3 races right now but 2 more to come? Just from the character selection screen.

Server load has been decent, overflow or not there seems to be plenty of people to play with which is great.

2000 FREE Gems are being awarded in the Beta. Go to the gem Store then click "get Gems" you will be asked for credit card info, BUT YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED!
I am not certain if these gems will carry over to your account on the actual launch day. it would be nice if they did but im not holding my breath. Not much available for purchase anyways. I am gonna hold on to the 2000 gems just in case I can use them on the official launch day :)

Now that ive had the weekend to try out Guild Wars 2, I must say that it is an excellent game, and this is coming from a jaded gamer especially MMO's.
ArenaNet really out did themselves and created a very fun game! Its a beautiful world w/ a great story. I am impressed and this is only the beta, when it goes live I think Guild Wars will raise the bar for future MMO's
Well Done Arena Net:thup:

Now that ive had the weekend to try out Guild Wars 2, I must say that it is an excellent game, and this is coming from a jaded gamer especially MMO's.
ArenaNet really out did themselves and created a very fun game! Its a beautiful world w/ a great story. I am impressed and this is only the beta, when it goes live I think Guild Wars will raise the bar for future MMO's
Well Done Arena Net:thup:

I played Guild Wars a little bit, though never fully got into it. This though.... wow an improvement I'd say. Glad they did the changes because this is great. I know I do a lot of things solo but groups all over doing the challenges or area events its wonderful.

To bad its not live yet! Personally I haven't run into a bug at all with this but the experience and look at it has been great. Proud to say that pre-purchasing this has lived up to the looks and improvements on paper.

I watched some live-streams over the weekends of GW2. It looks pretty fun.

Back