• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H80I + 4790K Are this temps correct?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yahfz

Registered
I'm using a H80i + 4790k + arctic MX4 Thermalpaste.

It looks pretty hot, and since i was hoping to get at least 4.5ghz out of it im slowly losing my hope after seeing those temperatures.

Cpu at stock settings.

Attachments

• 4790k all stock.jpg
    4790k all stock.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 201
Id say you are in the ballpark...perhaps a bit high.

It helps to know your case and its airflow (where fans are and what they are doing). Where his the H80 mounted?

I'm using a Corsair 300R case, it is mounted at the rear.

Hi, this is my current configuration.

h80i at the rear, exaust on top, and fan blowing air into the case on the front.

Attachments

• 20161127_231637.jpg
    20161127_231637.jpg
    807.5 KB · Views: 197
Is the radiator nice and clean?
Could be a not-so-perfect mount. Might want to re-mount. Maybe even a dying pump.

Those temps seem high for that CPU at that vCore on that cooler IMO.

The radiator its actually clean-ish, there's just dust there. I actually did re-mount, is there a way to check if the pump is dying?

84c on a stock cpu is pretty damn high; even a 40c idle is pretty... "not good". Not apples-to-apples, but my 4790k is idling at 26-29c with chrome open.

Weird, i just used a new monitoring software (HWMonitor) and it displays a idle 34-35ºC and at load (cinebench r15) a maximum of 77ºC.

Try mounting the radiator in the front. It will be drawing in cool outside air versus warmer inside air. (With an exhaust fan in the back.

The down side is that you will be putting warm air into your case, and your GPU may heat up more.

I actually run 3 120 mm AIO as intake into my case, with an additional 2 140 mm intake, and 3 140 mm as exhaust.

Hmm, i don't think i can mount it on the front, i guess there's no support for it in the front.

Weird, i just used a new monitoring software (HWMonitor) and it displays a idle 34-35ºC and at load (cinebench r15) a maximum of 77ºC.
What does realtemp show your temperatures are? So many like these more complicated applications, but often times values are flipped around so nobody knows what is what. Realtemp just monitors temps... what does it say?

What are your ambient temps in the room?

What does realtemp show your temperatures are? So many like these more complicated applications, but often times values are flipped around so nobody knows what is what. Realtemp just monitors temps... what does it say?

What are your ambient temps in the room?

So i re-mounted the H80I, reaplied Thermalpaste. Results below.
I don't have any device to check room temperature, but since its like 29ºC outside, i would say its around 30ºC in here.

remounted h80i.jpg

I'm downloading it right now and i'll let you know. Also, i disabled RAM XMP and turns out that the '4.4ghz on all cores' wasn't stock, and it has something to do with the XMP profile, as soon as i disabled it now all the cores are only 4.2ghz when running cinebench, and the max temperature i've got was 65ºC after 3 runs.

With XMP enabled and stress testing what is the Vcore at? Also what motherboard do you have?

Z97-D3H.
XPM Enabled: 1.173v / 4.4GHz on all cores.
XMP Disabled: 1.095v / 4.2Ghz on all cores.

The voltages look good so that should not cause a heat problem. How did RealBench v2.43? do with stress testing?

Back