• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hacking windows startup to set my gpu V corretly upon resume... need windows hlp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

Ok, so I have a graphics card that is losing voltage settings upon resume and crashing my system due to core/memory overclocks. The ONLY program that will allow me to change my voltage on this card is Sapphire trixx (i tried MSI afterburner, ASUS gpu tweak, Gigabyte, EVGA precision) the only problem is that sapphire trix does not reset the voltage upon resume of the system.... HOWEVER, it DOES set the voltage correctly upon system boot... this is due to a setting inside trixx where it says "start with windows" and "restore clocks"...

I tested running trixx manually (without start with windows -UNCHECKED- but with restore clocks -CHECKED-) but it didn't restore clocks.....

SO...

Trixx is running some sort of script, service, or a scheduled task, or some sort of file SOMEWHERE that is starting with windows and setting the clocks correctly....

My hack would involve:

Step 1: finding out exactly how trixx is setting itself up to start with windows and set the clocks correctly...

Step 2: Duplicating this method to happen upon system resume.

Step 3: DONE! The clocks and voltages should be set correctly upon resume and all my problems are over with...

What I've done so far is checked for trixx services, I tried checking scheduled tasks but there's no way to find a scheduled task directly, and I don't believe it's a scheduled task anyways.

Could someone help?

Back