• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAF X 200mm fan problem. Easy fix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

Received my HAF X case last night and after I got it all together I only had 2 problems.

First one isn't nothing major, just my 280mm radiator wasn't wide enough to use all the screws up top. But some zip ties fixed that for now.

Secondly, my top 200mm fan won't spin on startup. I have to snap the front panel off and spin it with my finger a little bit. Then it will start spinning normal.

I took a screwdriver and pried down on the fan a little bit. It started spinning on power up 3 out of 3 times. So I shut the power off and went to bed. This morning I powered it on and it spun just a little bit and stopped. So I had to spin it with my finger to start it.

Was it put together a little too tight? Just been worrying and bothering me since last night since my case doesn't function fully.

how old is the ran? might need replaced. you can take it out and take it appartand oil / clean the sleeve bearing would probably help.

how old is the ran? might need replaced. you can take it out and take it appartand oil / clean the sleeve bearing would probably help.

The fan should be brand new. As I just now got the case last night. I spin it with my finger and it seems tight. You can notice the fan seems new when u spin it. As everything seems nice and smooth.

Do I just pull the fan blades straight down and they pop off? Never took one apart before.

take the sticker off of the back and pop the clip off and then it should fall appart

take the sticker off of the back and pop the clip off and then it should fall appart

Aight, appreciate it. I'll try that tonight when I get home and see if it works better.

Cause it seems to work a bit when I put the screwdriver inside the fan and pried the fan blades down a bit. Just after it sits for a while it goes back to not spinning.

Just bothering me cause it doesn't work.

meh id contact coolermaster before taking it appart and see if they will just send you another one incase they need you to send that one back and not cover it for taking it apart lol

Knowing my luck they would want me to ship the whole
Case back. After I done waited on the UPS which delivered it a day late. I'll take my chances taking it apart. If that doesn't work ill take my 200mm out of the antec 902 case. It's just a blue fan tho.

Isn't really bothering me as much as the radiator. Gotta come up with some modification ideas to not use zip ties and bread ties.

Back