• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hand Cannon in Resident Evil 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sulretal

Anyone get it yet? I just got it on my Wii edition even though I've had PS2 RE4 for years. Mercenaries is so difficult for me. Not that it's particularly tough, but rather I just don't enjoy time attack missions. Gotta admit though, using Hunk or Wesker is very fun. So now I play RE4 until I have a chance to play Umbrella Chronicles in a non-stop marathon(which won't be until christmas week), and bam, got the Hand Cannon.

If you're not familiar with how to get the Hand Cannon, you must play and beat each level with a 5 star ranking with each character in the mini-game, The Mercenaries. There are 5 characters you have to beat the mini-game with -Leon, Ada, Krauser, Hunk, Wesker - and 4 levels that you must achieve rank 5 with. Leon was definitely the most difficult character for me to use. It was worth it though.

If you're not familiar with what a Hand Cannon is, go watch pulp fiction. The reference is in "The Bonnie Situation" chapter at the end of the movie. John Travolta says to the black actor(who appeared on Mad TV during the late 90's/early 00's) "Why didn't you tell us your friend was in the back room with a Hand Cannon." The Hand cannon is a .50 magnum revolver.(Correct me if I'm wrong with any of this.

Anyway, I love this gun!

I never got the Hand Cannon in the GC version 'cause I a) suck at time attack and b) suck doubly so at time attack when all I have to use are analog sticks.

when I finally get the Wii version I'll give it a go.

And you are correct that the Hand Cannon is a .50, but it's not always necessarily a revolver. In RE4 is was designed like a Desert Eagle. The only revolver in RE4 was the Broken Butterfly, which was more than worth getting after you got Ashley back (you had to backtrack a bit for it if you wanted it for free). Fully upgraded, it was a monster.

I was always a big fan of using the starting pistol fully upgraded!

Though I was terribly in love with the RE4 weapons and weapon upgrade system. They pulled it off so well!

infinitive RPG for me, if i want to complete it fast that is

but normally its the pistol that can burst and has a 100 bullet mag when its fully upgraded, cant remember the name though

You mean the VP70 w/ stock kit, or the Red9 with stock kit.

Both burst fire and both are quite upgradable.

Personally, my favorite weapon is the TMP(I know I'll get ostracized for this). At max upgrade, TMP has 1.8 firepower (equivalent to blacktail nonupgraded) yet it has 250 round capacity.

Maybe the GC has a different name for the special gun, but don't you mean the "Matilda"? 100 rounds, burst fire capability(3 shots per burst)?

My next play through the game will most likely be TMP only(maybe a handgun just as a secondary source).

The only thing I disliked entirely about Re4 was the necessity to guard Ashley Graham. She was just a huge inconvenience. However, the Knight outfit in the "Special Costume 2" option alleviates that.

yeah, i think its called a Mathilda, if i remember correctly its the gun you get when you complete the game for the first time

Back