• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardware Home: G80 Owners Delight ...Err?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
blitzkrieg1110 said:
I swear.......some people are absolutely clueless.

WOW!!! WHO KNEW THAT 8800's COULD BE OVERCLOCKED?!?!?!?!

:bang head

lol yea i found it funny, comments in it are great

well, i have a sc card with a shader clock of 1.35ghz, when i run it up to 633 core the shader runs at 1.45ghz, over 633 core it goes to 1.55ghz, i dont know what a safe speed is to run that clock at, but to have a higer core clock, without running your shader wtf out of spec kind of sounds nice.. but i just got this card, so im not willing to try until a few others do :)

lol.... companies use bioses to over clock cards and sell them for more.... NOOOOO THAT CANT BE TRUE...

this is why i love my 8800gts 640mb stocker non factory ocd.... i can oc it higher than a factory ocd gtx.... and if i really wanted to i could flash the bios too... holly buckets.

OMG most of those commenters think that this new overclocked bios is like the second comming or something.

Imagine the carnage if those posters were to visit OCF. Heart attacks? Exploding brains?

blitzkrieg1110 said:
I swear.......some people are absolutely clueless.

WOW!!! WHO KNEW THAT 8800's COULD BE OVERCLOCKED?!?!?!?!

:bang head

LOL

It amazes me how clueless some people are.

I went ahead and flashed my PNY 8800GTX, I had overcloeked clocked it in the past and got ok results, I clocked it myself up to 650 core and only tried 1000 memory. The new bios flash sets it to 625/1000, but so far I have had better benchmarks than when I clocked it higher manually myself. It mentions that they did other optimisations in the bioses and so far thats what my benchmarks have shown.
I gained around 300 points on 3dmark2k6. Im going to rum more benchmarks later on some games and see what I get.

what would be really sweet would be loosening the timings on the ram to be able to clock them higher!

is there a bios editor for the 8 series, like a new release of nibitor?

nvm... the latest reads 8800gts bios perfectly fine... now how the hell do i go about changing ram timings like what timing set do i use.

Last edited:
redrumy3 said:
lol yea i found it funny, comments in it are great

haha i agrees to that!

"Wow that will be amazing if its actually true.."

hahhahahahhahhahaha

has anyone looked at the link on that page? linkage. it all uses setup.exe files. Possible virus/spyware? what do you rekon? I have never used nvbios.com before, has anyone heard of it?

its gotfrag. it's a bunch of kids lol.

what erks me is the "HOW DO I OC MY E6600" posts. people dont even deserve that hardware if asking questions like that IMO.. maybe i wouldn't be so jealous if i wasn't stuck on a p4 lol.

I actually like OC BIOSes. It's how I overclocked my (ATI) X1800XT before there were proper tools for it. It won't replace true manual overclocking for me personally, but for the posters in that article... maybe it really is the second coming. :)

Back