• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone ever had a succsessful "cneck solution" after a BSOD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rommie

After windows has recovered from a shutdown or BSOD, I always get that prompt that asks if I want to check online for a solution - I've never, ever had that work properly, it always tells me it was unsuccessful. Have any of you ever had it come back with a solution? Seems ridiculous to have it as an option if it never works.

I always thought the primary purpose of that was for them to collect information...
I think they figure people would be OK with "checking for online solution" more so than "send Microsoft information"...

But no, there never is an actual online solution. That's just a pie in the sky...

Without the information being sent, they can't check it. There's a higher chance of a 'reply' (even a link to a patch) on subsequent reports of the same event.

One problem we 'tweakers' face is that we often disable the tools needed to send the info soon after the OS install.

Yep, I've had a solution offered, I might have had more had I not disabled the sending of reports most of the time.

Back