• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having some multiplier problems!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

inspectorhammer

Hello

Ive been workin the new 2100+ over lately. (up to 2415mhz by the way :) ) I encountered one problem that i could not solve.

That is, i cannot get other multipliers to work at 133fsb or higher. Yes they all work from 15 to 22 i think at 100mhz, but any higher setting will cause it not to boot. And believe me its not just maxing out my processor cuz 15 x 133 is only 2gigs and it reacts just like the others. I cant even post on any one.

Whats the deal here? For now i ended up just blowing a bridge for some more playing room 13x-14x.

OK a few more details. You say you have modded the cpu to get a multi of 14 by blowing a bridge - that suggests to me that you tried other multis when the cpu had a default of 13 and couldnt get any post. Can you clarify that you tried multis when it was in this state at 100 and 133FSB to to make sure you could get a post. My suspicion is that your mobo doesnt recognise the cpu is unlocked hence the nopost when changing the multis - have you the latest bios for that mobo?

Back