• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD 4870 CF on P35 -- P45 --X48 Chipset - OCF Testing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well done, I'm interested to see the crossfire difference between the X48 and P45.

(I stole your quad vs dual core link Brolloks :D)

And it is just warning up, stable at 480 x 9 , it can bench at 490x9 and got it to 500x9 for a Super Pi snappy ;)

Ooh that sounds so nice but I kept hearing something inside me say "go with the phenom". I don't regret it because I'm planning on getting a 45nm phenom which should speed things up a little bit.

Well done, I'm interested to see the crossfire difference between the X48 and P45.

(I stole your quad vs dual core link Brolloks :D)

Will do the P35 test tomorrow and then on Thu the P45 ones

The link is from our good friend Albuquerque to his write-up, QFT :)

Last edited:
Wish my 9450 could do even 480 x 8 :(

In for P45 benchies tho! :D :beer:

From what I read over at XS the Maximus II is the mother of all P45, I'm sure the Gigabyte Xtreme P45 is also a killer, sadly I will not have time to try that as I'll be setting up to move to Texas in the next month or so and will suspend my hobby untill next year :cry:

From what I read over at XS the Maximus II is the mother of all P45, I'm sure the Gigabyte Xtreme P45 is also a killer, sadly I will not have time to try that as I'll be setting up to move to Texas in the next month or so and will suspend my hobby untill next year :cry:

Suspend.... Hobby.... Next YEAR?!?!?!?

Well if doing that I'll gladly take some equipment off your hands, for free, you know saves the shipping fee :)

Vantage P with cards at max OC (as per CCC)...still on X48 board, P35 results will be online tomorrow night ;)

I will run the cards OC'd on the P45 and P35 boards to see if OC'd cards get inhibited by slower PCI-e lanes

Attachments

• Vantage P - 4870 CF - Max OC.gif
    Vantage P - 4870 CF - Max OC.gif
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,069
  • 3dmark06 - 4870 CF - max OC.gif
    3dmark06 - 4870 CF - max OC.gif
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,082
Hey Brolloks...

Those cores can go much higher than that. Are you just using the max of CCC as a baseline? Just curious....

Hey Brolloks...

Those cores can go much higher than that. Are you just using the max of CCC as a baseline? Just curious....

Just using max of CCC for comparative purposes, will fiddle with it later this week via Bios or AMD clock tool to see how far they go. BTW, these cards are incredible, they ripped through all the Half Life 2 benchmarks at > 200 FPS at 1920 x 1200 and all settings maxed out:drool::eek:

Reading for the first time, thanks for taking the time to do this. Very interested in the results. :soda:

The Gigabyte EP35-DS3P is all set up and ready to go, stable enough or what do you guys think ?

BTW, took 2 minutes to achieve stable settings for 450 x 9 at 1.328 v, not too shabby for a P35, the X38 took quite a while and 1.4 v to get it stable

Attachments

• EP35-DS3P.gif
    EP35-DS3P.gif
    144.8 KB · Views: 1,594
Here is the data table for the auditors and analytical guys ;)

All testing done in Vista 32

Attachments

• X48-P45-P35-Data table.gif
    X48-P45-P35-Data table.gif
    20 KB · Views: 1,019
Last edited:
Back