• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD 7850 - Saints Row IV Framerate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KamRandle

Hello! I bought a XFX HD 7850 2GB, and it seems to be working fine so far. I play at a resolution of 1360 x 768, and I can play most games maxed out with 55 - 60 FPS, but I noticed that in SR4, I get framerate drops. It goes from 55 - 60+ down to like 40 - 45 and sometimes even 30 - 45. You would think that with this low resolution, I wouldn't have any problems. Any help? Thanks! :)

What are the rest of your system specs?
What settings are you playing at?

I also forgot to say that I have overclocked my GPU:
axxi.png

I have a similar system with OC'd 2500k and a 7950 (not OC'd) running 1920x1200 res and SR4 plays very well @ highest settings. Not a single hiccup or slowdown.

I have a 7870 with an i7 and I've had similar issues. I haven't pinpointed exactly which setting in the catalyst control panel causes these frame drops, but I saw them in every game that I tried to override the application settings.

Back