• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD5850 issue - LOW fps..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In the CCC you should have an option to help the application or something along those lines to add AA to the application setting.

@ 720 - The rendering of the foliage (grass/leaves/bushes) is done a different way so regardless of the AA used, they will always look jagged. When using hte post processing on high/vhigh, the edge detect then comes in. Its performance impact is actually much LESS than regular AA. ;)

Like I mentioned before, the larger the res, the less AA you will likely need to use. Baris, its subjective. Use what you want to, what looks good and plays good.

Yes, I just use application controlled now. So whatever I use in the game options is used. Otherwise I'd have to change it everytime or make a lot of profiles. Anyway: I'd still like to know what the deal is with refresh frequencies like in my last post.

@ 720 - The rendering of the foliage (grass/leaves/bushes) is done a different way so regardless of the AA used, they will always look jagged. When using hte post processing on high/vhigh, the edge detect then comes in. Its performance impact is actually much LESS than regular AA. ;)

already knew that, that is why I said AA does almost nothing.

And setting the settings manually in CCC should help, oh and make sure Catalyst AI is off.

Oh... sorry, the sentence before that alluded to otherwise...
8xAA will rape performance in crysis trying to AA all of those foliage edges
... as the edge detect (which anti alaises the foliage) takes a small hit in comparison to regular AA. Regular AA doesnt do that to the foliage so you wouldnt be "raped" with using AA b/c of the foliage. Its the Post Processing on High or greater that enables edge detect.

Back