• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hello smart people need help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twillome

im not a gamer or anything like that just like tinkering. so i have an hp pavillion dv4 1225dx was running the AMD turion rm-72 then upgraded to the amd turion zm-87 and it runs fine. but I was wondering if there is a higher performance CPU i can upgrade to?

Your best bet is to go to the HP website and look up your PC model. There should be a CPU support page that shows what you can drop in there. If not, I would email/call HP.

I'm with E_D on this one. Laptops are very sensitive to heat so going too big even though it might work can overpower your cooling. HP would be the only ones who know what that board/chassis can handle since their parts are made specifically for that application. Judging by this chart for that socket and wattage there's only one CPU that is 100 MHZ faster z88 which wouldn't be worth upgrading IMO. http://www.cpu-world.com/Related_CPUs/Socket S1 _S1g2__K8.html

Back