• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help a girl out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A 970 will run Iracing at that res fine. It's a DX9 platform.

I would push back and say that in a large group of cars that the 980 would shine over the 970 pretty clearly.
Yes, it's DX9, but it still takes some horsepower.

I have a 2TB seagate barracuda which has been reliable so far. I'll keep the WD Caviar in mind if I decide to run a raid setup..

I Just sent my order. ETA 4 working days!!

Hopefully be able to order a 980 next week, which will give me time to scour through your reviews :)

Unfortunately I will be back to annoy you again soon with more silly questions !

For RAID 0, both drives must be identical. 2 "random" 1TB 7200RPM drives won't work. They have to be the same brand, same series, same model.

For RAID 0, both drives must be identical. 2 "random" 1TB 7200RPM drives won't work. They have to be the same brand, same series, same model.

No, they actually don't.

They don't need to be the same speed, capacity, brand, or anything.

(Yes, it's ideal to have matching drives, but it isn't necessary by any stretch of the imagination)

Noob,

The reply was just stating fact that "They (hard drives) don't need to be the same speed, capacity, brand, or anything."

I don't see a personal attack here at all. Step back and reconsider the series of posts please.......... :thup:

I meant that I would buy 2 new drives if I decide to raid 0. My barracuda is old and abused and will be retired to the shelf when my 4TB external becomes bloated.

That being said, I don't see the as much value in Raid 0 anymore when I can just use the SSD and export to a hard drive at the end of each project :)

That being said, I don't see the as much value in Raid 0 anymore when I can just use the SSD and export to a hard drive at the end of each project :)

This statement, perfect. That's my mindset for it as well.
I only run RAID on my server because of the distributed parity I get from RAID5.

Any RAID that doesn't include redundancy or parity is borderline useless, IMO.

Back