• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

??help best wired router for home theater ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

w1yov5r4on5

Registered
im looking to replace my old ASUS AC1750 Wireless Dual Band (5GHz + 2.4GHz) Gigabit Wi-Fi Router that doesnt work so well an i dont need wifi anymore so i need a good wired gigabyte router
iv had my eye on the TP-Link SafeStream TL-R600VPN Gigabit Broadband Desktop VPN Router

but i have no idea if its better then my ac1750 because i dont know how to compare

so i need advice whats best gigabyte wired router for under 150$ thats my budget

:welcome:

I don't know that you will find much difference between wired routers.

Ubiquiti makes a good reliable product.

Here is a link to a review. I did not read the review myself so take this as a starting point only.

How many ports do you need on the router? As don256 pointed out, ubiquiti makes a fine product and something along the EdgeRouter Lite or EdgeRouterX would be fine and can fully support a gigabit WAN link (and of course gigabit through the LAN), assuming you have appropriate switches in your network that won't choke on the speeds, of course.

Back