• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me achieve 4ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had crap luck with W7 too... I had to revert back to Vista. W7 just didn't like any of my settings.

So far I have been having great results with W7. At least with the 32 bit version anyway.

Yeah W7 was a fail. I'm going to first try XP 32bit before doing my burn ins.

XP 32 seems to be the best so far with anywhere from (if I remember correclty ) 50 - 150 mhz clocks over vista 32. So you should have great results.

well if I don't get anything out of this XP I'm replacing. Just going to tell the company that its bad or something. I won't have a computer for a couple of days but it will be ok. I think I can live... maybe.

well if I don't get anything out of this XP I'm replacing. Just going to tell the company that its bad or something. I won't have a computer for a couple of days but it will be ok. I think I can live... maybe.

what the cpu.
there is nothing wrong with it at stock speed is there?
I mean your gonna ask for a rma because your cpu want hit 4ghz that is totally immoral and that's the kinda of things people like myself don't like to hear. :(

Kinda like the people who rma a motherboard after a volt mod gone wrong. You have already voided the warranty by overclocking it in the 1st place.

Whats making me mad right now is that I believe I would get something that could some day hit 6.0ghz but it turns out it may not happen with my CPU. I hate not getting what I was expected to get.

XP 32 seems to be the best so far with anywhere from (if I remember correclty ) 50 - 150 mhz clocks over vista 32. So you should have great results.
Yup, officially, both Agena and Deneb clock a 100Mhz or more lower in x64.

I think all my theories were just shoved out the window. I did a stress test at 3.6ghz with 1:2 Ratio RAM 5-5-5-15-2T 2gigs (1 stick) @1.8v and the thing BSOD. THis is on my XP 32 system too. I think I overlooked something.

EDIT!

I DID IT! I booted into XP with 4.0ghz. BSOD after about 30secs later but it worked. It means that its a RAM thing now. Its not my CPU. haha!

Last edited:
I DID IT! I booted into XP with 4.0ghz. BSOD after about 30secs later but it worked. It means that its a RAM thing now. Its not my CPU. haha!

Good work! At least you don't have to RMA it :) Are you going to try new RAM, or continue to tweak what you have?

I keep BSODing inside XP so I'm trying to figure out the best combo with my RAM. No way is this RAM easy. But the bright side is, once I find the correct rattings they work like a freaking champ.

Back