• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me choose between these 3 boards.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry off topic a bit but why doesn't anyone mention the Gigabyte UD-7.. no love for the board..lol

I have helped everyday in the AMD CPU forum section and in this AMD mobo forum section since before the release of Bulldozer now over 2 years ago. I cannot remember but one user with the Giga 990FX UD7 board coming in either of those two forum sections. So no user representation is the reason no one ever mentions the 990FX UD7.

We almost certainly would not be recommending a board that we have not seen much nor any of us have used. We would be lost when trying to help with such a board unless it worked similar to others we see all the time.
RGone...

Actually I must say though haven't had my board very long now about 4 months haven't had any problem with it , but then again my questions are how to types or info stuff..

Last edited:
It really depends on what your going after, the sabertooth is an all around better board. The only thing i do not like is the placement for the pci 1.0, other than that is is a very nice and well built board.

Thanks everyone.

this forums has great community and hope this continues for years while ill stay and keep reading from you guys.

Regarding the gigabyte ud7 990fx, the reason i didn't include it on my choices is the fact that few people around these forums used that mobo as rgone says.

I think ssjwizard has the summary of all boards tested by members. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727263
It would really help you trim down your choices especially if your new to building rigs like me.

Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 is a great board.

It took my Thubans to over 4.3GHz prime stable. I kept them at 4.25GHz as they needed a bit too much volt for my liking (1.55+) for these clocks (respectively 4.33 and 4.4GHz for the 1075t and the 1100t).

A very good mobo all around.

Back