• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me choose my RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OliverBGD

Registered
Hi,

Which one should I get for performance and stability: (Also please recommend the 2nd best just in case they don't have the first in stock)

1. Corsair XMS2 Dominator 4GB (2x2GB) PC8500 DDR2-1066 CL 5-5-5-15 $179

2. Patriot Viper Series 4GB (2x2GB) PC8500 DDR2-1066 CL 5-5-5-15 $160

3. OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2x2GB) PC8500 DDR2-1066 EPP 5-5-5-18 $169

I personally like the Patriot and OCZ, but people here are having great results with the Crucial Ballistix. I also like Kingston, but if you are OC'ing, I thing the Crucial would be your best bet. All of these brands also have Lifetime Warranty.

Ballistix do OC very well but ar not the best from a reliability stand point. From the options listed I would go wih the dominators. Just make sure you have clearance for the heatspreaders. I am not at all familiar with those Patriots so I can't say either way on them. I am no fond of the Reapers. They just don't clock that well from the users I have seen. Check and see if your supplier has G.Skill HZ's. They clock very well and are reliable from what I have seen.

Back