• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me find a Water cooling solution!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My case itself is very good at dissipating heat passively.. its 5mm aluminum all the way around, so it acts like a giant heatsink when i have my AC on... I'm more concerned about hot spots, which right now are my CPU, and the surface of both video cards... The air my exhaust fan pushes out is relatively cool...

And i was just kidding about putting a fan on the res btw, but im wondering why nobody's come up with a res that cools the water rather than radiators????? that makes more sense to me somehow..

Right.

Blowing air onto a resovoir isn't going to do anything if you have proper airflow.

Wonder why noones come up with it? Because it does't work. The water is cooled by the res. the res will reach equillbrium after some time.

JamesXP said:
Right.

Blowing air onto a resovoir isn't going to do anything if you have proper airflow.

Wonder why noones come up with it? Because it does't work. The water is cooled by the res. the res will reach equillbrium after some time.

I see... oh well.

Anyways, do you guys think i can get away with 2x120 if I'm OCing to 3.15Ghz and 640/1000?? I'm just trying to get rid of some noise because my computer sounds like a jet engine... I can possibly do a slighly lower OC if thats too high.. I don't game that much after all..

You don't gamee much and got a whole system based on Fatality(Gamer) and have 2 8800GTS o.o

Lol no that's not what I meant.. I'm an idiot.

Of course I love gaming and I do it as much as possible. I just don't plan on spending too much time tweaking the system to perfection once everything works and my temps are okay. In fact, as long as my games dont lag and my feet dont get hot from my system, i could care less what all the settings are..

I just want it quiet, and pretty, as long as it will run my games.
Thats all.

Okay, here is my final solution (lol):

Apogee GTX => MCW30 (chipset) => MCW60 (first vga) => MCW60 (second vga) => GTStealth240 (black ice rad) => MCP350 pump => MicroRes

10% red pentosin from Toyota, iodine, and algaecide, 90% distilled water.

Any recommendations on fans or will any 120mm fans do?
Does this work? Also, can I use 1/4 tubes instead of the big fat ones? That would make everything much easier. My chipset already has a heatsink fan on it so the MCW30 might not be necessary.

I just got a new 680i EVGA board so i'm ready to put the watercooling together and finishup....let me know so i can go out and buy parts. Thanks guys...

It's hard to recommend fans for that rad because I don't have a clear idea of how restrictive it is on the air side. Assuming it's similar to an MCR220, with two 8800GTS's and an OC'ed CPU, you're going to be right on the edge of what a pair of quiet 45CFM fans can cool even with the coolant 10C over ambient. If you can possibly find room for the triple rad or even a second double, I strongly recommend it. Otherwise, try the medium speed Yate Loon D12SM-12, or perhaps the Sharkoon Golfball 2000. Based on my experience with the Yate Loon and how the Golfball fan did in these tests, I'll guess that for the same temps, you'll have less noise at idle to moderate load with the Yates, but perhaps slightly less noise with the CPU and both GPU's maxed out using the Golfballs. This is only a guess, though, and there are too many unknowns for me to say with confidence that it's a good one.

Back