• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help my new sound card wont fit!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
i know its a bit dusty but i cant figure out why it wont fit in my pc! any ideas?

Attachments

• SBawe32pnp.jpg
    SBawe32pnp.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 117
Thinly disguised tongue in cheek joke. But I chuckled anyway. Your forum credentials are too robust to pull this off very well.

figured i would give it a shot, LOL you figure out what SB card that is?

*edit*
i guess i cant make it fit in this huh?

cusl2-c.jpg

Well, it's old enough to be PCI so it should work in that motherboard.

everything is a test! anyone figure out which card it is yet?

Yep, ISA not PCI. My bad. I knew better. Been so long I had forgotten the term.

It looks similar to a Creative Labs CT3600 Sound Blaster but some things where not soldered on. I'm guessing something in that family.

It looks similar to my sound blaster 16 except mine has the optical drive controller.
I have a mobo that'll fit that sb.

Edit, yours is the AWE32, correct?

Last edited:
there were two versions of the same card, one with the IDE controller on it for the cd rom back in the day. mine is without the IDE controller, AWE32 PNP with 2x1mb or 2x2mb simms installed.

It looks similar to a Creative Labs CT3600 Sound Blaster but some things where not soldered on. I'm guessing something in that family.
right the CT3600, hidden behind the 2 simms, i had to go look agian LOL.

SB-CT3600.jpg
awe32+ram.jpg

LOL i just noticed the on the ram one of the IC's is made by Mitsubishi.

right the CT3600, hidden behind the 2 simms, i had to go look agian LOL.

View attachment 200914
View attachment 200915

LOL i just noticed the on the ram one of the IC's is made by Mitsubishi.

:ty: :ty:

OC-NightHawk is the name pattern recognition is the game. :sn:

Confession time: this hardware was from when I was in elementary school. We had one I was never allowed to actually look behind the curtain but I remember the audio back in the day being quite amazing. Was this from around the time of the 486 and double speed CD-Roms?

i forget when i got my card but i swear i had a pentuim something with it. either that or i had some kind of 486 DX2 66mhz or DX4 100mhz with it, been to long ago. found this though, pretty cool read Chronology of Microprocessors

umm you think that is a blast from the past, LOOK AT THIS! im not sure, nor have i looked, but i think thats a MFM connection, 5.25in drive double stack, size unknown(maybe 1mb or 2mb). small box of matches in the third picture for a idea of how big it is.

20180826_114411.jpg
20180826_114148.jpg
20180826_114332.jpg

Back