• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! New 6600k Z170 build - BSOD w/ XMP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I just ran another Aida test without changing a thing and it passed. The first time it just stopped the test because "it detected errors". Not sure what to think of that.

Last time I checked 3200+ ram needs 1.35v so set that if not done for you. Double check what your modules are supposed to run at.

Sorry for late reply! Just wanted to give you an update and get some help!

So, I got my 6600k to 4.5GHz @ 1.35v stable via Aida64 Extreme. Haven't actually tested in game yet, but I'm sure it'll be fine when I get around to it. The problem I'm coming across now is that when I enable my XMP to run my memory at it's factory 3200MHz speed, I become unstable in Aida64. The strange thing is that NO settings change when I enable XMP except for the speed itself. No BCLK, no dram voltage, no forced cpu OC... but for some reason it is just unstable.

Anyone have any advice on how I can run my mem at 3200 stable?

Should I bump my dram voltage?

***EDIT*** as for the CPU overclocking, I haven't really tried to go any further with it. I know you said 1.42v max and 90C, but I have read all the paranoid folk's posts about "stay under 1.35 or it's gonna smoke", and I think the paranoia rubbed off lol

So Skylakes are safe for up to 1.42? I really just want to stay on the 95% or more safe side lol

When Skylake first dropped I had my 6700K up to 1.45 pushing it and didn't fry it. The important thing IMHO is to keep an eye on your temps :thup:

Back