• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP on AMD Athlon 3000+ 1.8ghz Venice Core Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Usually, prink95, 3dmark01SE and 3dmark03 are pretty good to test them with. When you use prime95, make sure you set the priority to level 10. That will totally stress your CPU. When you do that, you can't use your computer. 100% of our CPU resource will be dedicated to the CPU stress test.

I have that motherboard and you can overclock well if you have a good CPU. If you want a simple overclock use the automatic overclock and set it to V12. If it boots then check the MHz of the processor the windows about box and check the voltage set in the PC Health Status in the BIOS. If these are not outrageous (more than 1.65v) then you can try running Prime95. Also, watch your temps. The motherboard will automatically adjust the fan speed if it get hot but you should watch it any way. You can use SpeedFan to check the temps. I would recommend not using Motherboard Monitor since it does something wierd my sensor and send the computer into premature thermal shutdown.

Ok i set it to V12 and it wont boot up it says i think something along the lines of not enough virtual memory.. ne troubleshooting for tht? It did the first time and i was running 2.2 ghz and 250 fsb

Try setting it down to V8 and see what the gets you. From there you can look at what the motherboard is setting the voltage, FSB and any memory timings. I would recommend using CPU-z to review the settings the motherboard is using. Once its stable you can use these settings a jumping off point to find you max overclock.

K here r my results with V8 OC
Athlon 64 3000+ 2.2ghz at 1.65v
Patriot 2.5-2-2-6 memory Dual Channel at 155mhz

How does tht sound? I'm idling around 30 C and am about to run Prime 95 to get a stress test for it

Will 1.65v lower down the life of my processor and if so by how much?

Last edited:
swimomatic said:
K here r my results with V8 OC
Athlon 64 3000+ 2.2ghz at 1.65v
Patriot 2.5-2-2-6 memory Dual Channel at 155mhz

How does tht sound? I'm idling around 30 C and am about to run Prime 95 to get a stress test for it

Will 1.65v lower down the life of my processor and if so by how much?

hmm well scratch tht i ran prime 95 small ffts test and it lasted for about 10 seconds and then shut down.. is it possibly my PSU? if so how can i check to make sure?

whoah 1.65v is waaay too much for just a 2.2ghz overclock mine does 2.7ghz on 1.4v, i'd say your cause of instability is memory...set a divider (166) or (133) then go ahead and find the max of your cpu.

That's wht i thought.. but do u have ne suggestions on wht u have urs set on to get ur 2.7 ghz *which would b 2.5ghz on mine* or wht i should do to get tht?

yea.. i updated BIOS.. and apparently it screwed up in the process.. does neone have ne troubleshooting to this? cuz i really dont want to have to replace the board??? I'm about to remove the battery, hardrive, and the Power supply cables and let it sit for a few hours to let ALL the power run out of the transistors in attempt to reset it PLEZ HELP

Last edited:
ok. Uh 1.65v volts is over kill. Mine does 2.6 at 1.525v and thats already pushing it. A good suggestion is to get NEW RAM. even a generic 1 gig in dual channel would give you a good boost although most decent one gig ram is pretty cheap now a days. Remember to keep your LDT multi to 3x and run with a divider. You don't need to oc ram. Just keep it at 200mhz or slightly higher. Make sure your chipset voltage is at 1.6, 1.7.

Well I dont think VCORE1.65 for a 3000,3200,3500,3800, @ 2.7Ghz is unrealistic...I've never been able to PRIME stable my 3500 or 3800 @ 2.7 without the necessary overvolt of 1.6 anything...yep, you can PRIME stable them at 2640MHz VCORE 1.4625 on ASUS A8N32 MOBO 1009-1103 bios, but make the jump to 2.7GHz you'll need the overvolting to stablize the OC...Chipset voltages never made a bit of difference in the OC...I use XMS3200c2 and KINGSTON KHX4000 and there's no gain outside of VDIMM...1:1 or otherwise the CPU's wont OC past 2.7 without overvolting...On the ASUS A8N32 your max overvolt is 1.66, theoretically 1.76v but I can never reach that voltage..."DREC" I'd like to see the PRIME stable results of your torture test for your 3200Venice @2.7VCORE 1.4...DFI board or not...I really have a hard time believing that...Time to learn something from you...I could use the reduction of VCORE on my OC's at those speeds...

Ram should be fine if it’s at its SPD timings, if you use a divider you can keep the ram at the stock speed with out losing any performance.

ok... i had to return my biostar motherboard *tforce 6100-939* and i have new thermal paste on it *do not know wht i had b4...* and now i have thermal grease on it... i want to say the stuff b4 was AS.. but i dont know wht kind.. and my cpu temp according to the motherboard has gone up by 5-10 degrees C... im curious if that could b that my motherboard b4 had an incorrect reading of 25 C at "idle" or if the temp of around 31-35 is more accurate

Back