• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Please Bx133 P3 1 Gig (cD0) Stepping!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarek

Registered
Everything works graet except when i try to play anyting or run madonion benchmark my comp shuts down.I have a Hercules Geforce 2 GTS 64. Its strange cause my other P3 650 at 866 on a Be6 II ver 1.0 with each component same as Bx133[except for the cpu(1gig cD0)] runs any of them and its stable.
Do i have to clean install windows on the Bx133 or is it something else.
Any ideas ?

It cant be temps 30 idle 42 load well cooled chipset. Latest bios.......

A format and a clean install never hurts, if you have changed to this MB recently then this really applies,as far as temps the p3 1G tops out at 60C so anything into the 40's is too hot if mine gets to 33 or 34C then it will get unstable but thats because i have it overclocked so high.

All the things already said are good ideas also.
Do you have the newest bios for your motherboard?
Have you tried setting your memory timings to 3-3-3?

Last edited:
MKa11 said:
Maybe try to increase (slightly) vcore?

Sorry but this is not a good idea if this persons CPU is running at 42C remember just because its says its 42C does not mean that is his actual temp as most thermistors are not accurate my readings were 4 to 5C below actual CPU temps becasuse my thermistor was not touching the CPU in the socket.

Temeprature - load at 42 is not so high. 0,05v-0,01v should not burn cpu. And temperatures at full load - as I mentioned before with p3 650@930 it never reached 50 Celsius with not "high end" cooler like Volcano II

I found out it is my power supply..............

Thank you all for the replies !!!

Back