• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help please with overclock xeon e5450 + mobo p5p43t-si

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zapatos

Hi all:)
Sorry for my bad english:C
I have mobo asus p5p43t-si but in bios i dont have any frequency and voltage settings :(
How i can add overclock functions to my bios?
I tried bsel mod , but this dont worked , why?
I dont have money for new mobo , bought this complect becouse was cheap and powerfull if overclock this)
Help me please^^

Last edited:
If the bios doesn't have fsb and voltage options, you can't overclock through the bios. You can try setfsb, but you need the pll number first...and because you do not have voltage settings you won't get very far at all.

If the bios doesn't have fsb and voltage options, you can't overclock through the bios. You can try setfsb, but you need the pll number first...and because you do not have voltage settings you won't get very far at all.

I have ICS9LPRS441AGLF on the board where i can download cracked version of SetFSB 2.3.140.102(in this version add my pll) or later ?

I'm mobile... I would just Google setfsb and see what you can find. I don't believe it needs to be 'cracked' to add the pll.

I'm mobile... I would just Google setfsb and see what you can find. I don't believe it needs to be 'cracked' to add the pll.

Sorry , but i cant find free setfsb with my pll ,or information how to add pll from new versin to old free version , can you try to help me pls ?^^

I'm on a cell phone posting right now... sorry. I don't remember ever having to pay for it or not be able to update your pll... but it's been years since I have been on that platform.

I'm on a cell phone posting right now... sorry. I don't remember ever having to pay for it or not be able to update your pll... but it's been years since I have been on that platform.

Why bsel mod can dont work ?
im tried isolate bsel 1 and bsel 2 for 400 fsb
VIDdiagram2.png

I'll just come out and say it - The setup you have apparently isn't setup for overclocking and you won't get very far with it if you get anywhere at all.

Biggest possibility as to why the Bsel mod isn't working would be your motherboard, namely the chipset it has. Some chipsets will work with such mods, some don't and it looks to me your setup has one that doesn't work with it.
The thing here is you can compare it to let's say an everyday driver (Car) vs a Formula 1 race car - The everyday car while you can drive it fast will never come close to what a Formula 1 can do by the design of each.

If you want to run with a Formula 1, then you have to get a Formula 1.

I'd have to say it's likely the board holding you back and if the BIOS itself has no options for adjustments, then it's as you see it - Not suitable for overclocking at all.
The maker of your board made it this way and that's all there is to it, only real option you'd have would be to get a board that has options for OC'ing or just forget it.

Wish I could be of more help but there it is. :(

I'll just come out and say it - The setup you have apparently isn't setup for overclocking and you won't get very far with it if you get anywhere at all.

Biggest possibility as to why the Bsel mod isn't working would be your motherboard, namely the chipset it has. Some chipsets will work with such mods, some don't and it looks to me your setup has one that doesn't work with it.
The thing here is you can compare it to let's say an everyday driver (Car) vs a Formula 1 race car - The everyday car while you can drive it fast will never come close to what a Formula 1 can do by the design of each.

If you want to run with a Formula 1, then you have to get a Formula 1.

I'd have to say it's likely the board holding you back and if the BIOS itself has no options for adjustments, then it's as you see it - Not suitable for overclocking at all.
The maker of your board made it this way and that's all there is to it, only real option you'd have would be to get a board that has options for OC'ing or just forget it.

Wish I could be of more help but there it is. :(

Thx , now im trying to found p5q3 , but this one soo expensive:C
Maybe some one can give me advice whats mobo i can get not expensive with support 8gb ddr3 and overclocking , and of course on s775?

Ebay is your friend for shopping around for one.
I know you probrably don't have alot in terms of funds for such but occasionally good deals do pop up. Biggest thing ATM would be to learn what models are good and which ones to avoid.

With so many models available, you'll have to sort through them to see what fits your needs. Socket 775 boards can certainly run DDR2 and DDR3 based on the model, you said you needed it to support DDR3 if I'm not mistaken so that helps to narrow down your choices.
Be sure to check the specs of any board you look at before buying.

Asus has several models that can do it, Gigabyte also has some that do well - Even ASRock has a couple that would do the job. Biggest limitation would be your budget and I woudn't be in a hurry for one. Instead save up so when you finally do go for one you'll get what you want rather than having to make do with a lesser/inferior one.

No sense in getting impatient and regretting your choice later, that always bites.

For reference. XEON E5450 on ASUS P5Q3 - Mutant Rig photos + BIOS settings.

Thx , now im trying to found p5q3 , but this one soo expensive:C
Maybe some one can give me advice whats mobo i can get not expensive with support 8gb ddr3 and overclocking , and of course on s775?

4AjVzkz.jpg

Here's some info on my Mutant Rig:

- BIOS settings

- Mutant Rig with 6 case fans.

1. 3x 12cm case fans
1 case fan back (air out)
1 case fan top (air out)
1 case fan side (air in)

2. 2x 14cm case fans in front (air in), photo with dust filter taken off.

3. Noctua NH-D14 with 1x 12cm fan and 1x 14cm fan

4. All fans regulated by ASUS Q-Fan control in BIOS

Hope this will help others. I get a stable 4105 MHz with room ambient temp at 25-27 Celsius and prime 95 small data set core 0 reaching 76 Celsius.

Back