• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help thiddy build a computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any other suggestions for water cooling cases? Been looking around, but I'm not seeing much in the 100-150 range.

Ok, so I'm abandoning the water cooling aspect now that I've had time to think it over. It would be nice to get wet again, but I just don't see the need with today's performance.

That puts me back into the "small and good quality" category. For the processor, I'm seriously considering the 2500k i5 solely based on the rumors I'm seeing regarding how hot Ivy Bridge runs. I don't need a ton of processing power, as that is what my servers are for. I just want something that is reasonably priced, quiet, and decent performance.

I'd rather stick with Intel. They seem to be more reliable and I don't really need the space.

8gb was pretty large when I built my current desktop and it is on the lower end now. I intend to keep this for around the same number of years, so might as well go big.

Those are in store only and they aren't even close to me. Good deal, though.

Just ordered the 2500k and 32gb of RAM since I had a "15% off RAM" coupon. I noticed that that 330 series Intel SSD is out soon, so Newegg should have it shortly (or another store, didn't look around tonight). Still need to decide on a motherboard, video card, and case. The latter will be the hardest for me, by far.

N82E16811112304
looks interesting

LIAN LI PC-9F Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Average Rating(74 reviews)Write a Review

15% off w/ promo code LianLi041

$119 BEFORE code

Last edited:
It says the code is invalid. That case is pretty nice, though. I think I'm going to stick with the v1000, but I'm still open to suggestions.

Corsair Graphite Series 600T Mid-Tower Gaming Computer Case with Mesh Side Panel CC600TM
by Corsair
4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (14 customer reviews) | Like 1334673693 false 1 12 12 11 (12)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: $159.99
Deal Price:
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Only 17 left in stock--order soon (more on the way).
Want it delivered Thursday, April 19? Order it in the next 4 hours and 2 minutes, and choose Standard Shipping at checkout. Details

7 new from $159.99 2 used from $140.79
Check Out the Corsair Store at Amazon.com

I don't care for the "my computer looks like a blob of melted plastic" look. I think that 600T is hideous. :-/

Regardless, I appreciate the suggestions.

I built a friend's computer recently, so yes, I've used it very briefly. I meant more along the lines of voltage being plug/minus/zero voltage from the default value, which they didn't give you. That was pretty frustrating.

Back