• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with a build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Verstrata

Hey guys. I understand my previous posts, I was asking the wrong thing. What I mean now is I am wondering what price range should I be expecting to spend for this build. The things I need it to do are:

Minecraft (modpacks, servers, intensive PVP such as hunger games)
Basic screen recording

That's pretty much it. I strictly-only Minecraft Machine. Note I do plan on building, but I DO NOT need a parts list, just estimates on the price. I'd like to stay under $600.

Also, here is my current laptop:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03743539

Would it be able to do simple editing?
Video- Basic cutting and adding intros
Audio- A little more intensive, and run Audacity.

Thank you for all responses!

I appreciate the humor, and I sincerely apologize before. But all i'm asking for this time is an estimate, not parts list.

Verstrata no offense but we've done this with you 1000 times. Like ATM said, one of the previous parts lists we did for you should serve as a ballpark figure for what you're going to need to spend. If we do this with you again, what re-assurance do we have that this thread will result in an actual physical machine?

Most people post one build thread, take the advice to heart, and purchase parts and build a computer. We've seen like 34 billion build threads from you since you joined 4 months ago.

This one is different needs. And no

It seems like they've all been different needs to some extent. I don't even know if you know what you want this computer to do for you at this point. Again, no offense.

I'm willing to give it one more shot if ATM and the other "let's do a build" nerds are into it but I want to see pics of a completed build within 30 days rofl.

It seems like they've all been different needs to some extent. I don't even know if you know what you want this computer to do for you at this point. Again, no offense.

I'm willing to give it one more shot if ATM and the other "let's do a build" nerds are into it but I want to see pics of a completed build within 30 days rofl.

I am asking to build one directly. I am asking for an ESTIMATE.

I am asking to build one directly. I am asking for an ESTIMATE.

But we already gave you estimates.

For basic minecraft with no mods and nothing too crazy, sure, a $600 PC will probably get you by. I know that minecraft can get pretty crazy though and bog down even a fairly high end PC. Don't expect Minecraft Miracles out of your 600 bucks.

Well, there you go Verstrata. ATM isn't into it. Looks like you're out of luck. You've cried wolf, or rather, you've cried "build" too many times and the village people don't want to run up the hill to rescue you and your sheep this time. Sorry dude. Might want to try linustechtips or anandtech.

Back