• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with a first build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toallhisdoom

Hey so i have never built a computer before but know i wont have a problem doing it. Basically i play world of warcraft, and my gf plays the sims. I just want something good enough to max out the graphics on these games.

And i don't want to spend more then like $500 if i dont have to. I found this build online. It puts my over the 500 but figured you guys could give me some advice as to what i dont need that i could get cheaper, or if i need better stuff? not sure. Sooo any advice would be great! Thanks guys!

Motherboard
ASUS M4A88TD-M USB3 AMD 880G Motherboard ($110)

CPU

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core Processor ($120)

RAM

Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM ($18)

Video Card

EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti ($120)

Hard Drive

Seagate Barracuda 1TB ($55)

DVD Burner

ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD Burner ($21)

Case

Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Mid Tower Case ($37)

Power Supply

Cooler Master GX Series 650W ($90)

TOTAL COST: $623 (USD)

Knu i loved your wow build! One question tho, the GTX video card, what one from new egg do you recomend? there are multiple versions of that. thanks!

Also was wondering if when i buy a computer in pieces like that to build do i need to buy all the ribon wires and stuff? or do they come with the different parts?

No more ribbon cables, everything is either hardwired to your PSU with just the connection on your components, or comes with your motherboard. Screws come with the component with extras with the case.

I actually recommended it getting it from EVGA B-Stock, because it's a LOT cheaper, and you usually get a new card, just a shorter warranty. I'd get the EVGA GTX 460 1GB FPB for $110. http://www.evga.com/products/prodlist.asp?switch=20

Back