• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help with a silent 600w PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

E-matlet

I bought the GS 600 made by Corsair, and I was very disappointed when it turned out to be quite loud with its fan. Can anyone recommend me a reliable and quiet power supply that provides at least 600w? I've been thinking of buying the NX-6000 R3 600w by Nexus, what do you guys think? Are nexus power supplies even reliable to begin with?

How about Seasonic X560? You say at least 600W, but... do you really need it? Can you list some system specs?

Hi, thanks for replying. My specs are currently i5 2500K @3.3GHz, OC'd radeon 7870, 8gb ddr3 1333MHz. I am sure that I will upgrade my computer in the near future, so yes the power is needed even though it would be temporarily extra. Any other suggestions? =)

7870 uses ~170w stock, OC it to hell and you might crest 250w.
CPU uses 73w, OC'd to hell maybe 140w. Grand total: 390w at worst with a lot of OCing. Add in 50w for Other Stuff, and a 450w is plenty.
That Seasonic X560w is far more than enough for that build. If you're having PSU issues with a 550w PSU it's much much more likely that that PSU itself has issues, or that it's rated rather optimistically.

You certainly could get a higher rated unit, but you don't need to, so it's a bit of a waste of money.

Eh, un-needed. Doesn't really make a difference to anything but wallet.

Back