• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with my 8150 setup...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tango1974

Registered
I have an AMD 8150 system, now a week ago I was playing Deus Ex Human Revolution and my complete system froze, with a really nice high pitched sound through my speakers... I could not go back to desktop, I had to reset, anyway when I tried to play the game again, within 5 secs it done the same thing!!!

However before this happened I could play the game with no issues..

So I thought graphics card fault... Changed card same issue... Even changed to an Asus branded card...

I have now changed my PSU to an 800W corsair gaming PSU, which is quite nice...

However games still run pretty bad, freezing all the time, however the system does not reset now, its just really jerky playing games...

I have the following system

AMD 8150 Stock speed
16GB AMD performance memory (tested overnight ok)
1 x Liteon 256GB solid state hard drive ( tested ok)
1 X ASUS M5 A78L USB3 mainboard, with latest BIOS
1 x ASUS 6850 Gcard...
+ another 4 western digital hard drives for storage... ;) they are tested ok aswell

I did have a look at the processor and it does have a notch in the top!!! However if I had a faulty processor, I would know about it... I would be having trouble no matter what I do, however my issue is just with games, its like Im playing on an old P4!!!

IMG_2580.jpg

Windowsscore.jpg

Also can someone point me out what I should do in the Bios settings, so far everything is auto...

Thanks for your help with this!!!

First guess would be RAM. I would test your Ram again with memtest, 8 instances of ~1.8GB each (total ram unused / 8 cores) overnight and see if any errors. Could also be driver related (video card driver next guess).

Tested Ram overnight already, with MEMTEST... MAde 3 passes all clear, its the latest AMD driver set... Clean install.

try turning cool and quiet and the other "green" stuff in the bios off, it sound like it's trying to throttle.
my board has a feature to turn off cores in pairs in the bios.
if you turn off cores and leave it at stock settings you will just have made yourself an fx4100 or an fx6100 at stock speeds.
idleing cores reduces heat and will allow you to clock higher due to reduced heat.

Last edited:
Ok will do, I wont turn off the cores though... 8 is better than 4!!! As Im not into overclocking my systems...

first, "amd turbo core technology" TURN IT OFF.
#2, "core c6 state" disabled.
#3 cpu ratio, manual.

Last edited:
Back