• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with Q6600, multiplier and CPU-Z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lhsa

hey all,

i just put together my Q6600 / Asus P5E-VM HDMI build and i'm getting weird results in CPU-Z. no matter what i do in terms of FSB, the multiplier reads 6X in CPU-Z. the FSB reads correctly.

i've tried manually setting the multiplier to 9X, disabling speedstep, even with all [auto] settings in bios. all no avail.

weird thing is, SiSoft Sandra and the BIOS shows 9X as the multiplier.

anyone have insights into this problem?

thanks for the welcome!

what's the C1 option? is that a jumper setting?

i have an asus p5e-vm hdmi motherboard and using AI manual to oc.

It is a option in the BIOS...it will state C1...Should be in the CPU bios options...

Also...use manual controls...auto is not always a good thing...most of the times auto will set your voltages up way too high...

It's not really a big deal if speedstep is running.

Try running Prime95 and see if the multi jumps back to 9 on it's own.

We seriously need a sticky saying "If your multiplier is 6, disable SpeedStep and C1E", in big, red text and caps. Am I the only one here getting sick of these threads?

Actually, what we need is a sticky saying "C1E and Speedstep is fine, don't worry about it, it saves power, will not hurt yoour overclock, and will go away if you load the CPU.":beer:

Back