• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hercules Radeon 9700 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xbmod

I'm using the latest omega drivers and I want to OC my vidcard (I'm not in the ability to extra cool my gpu...)

I guess I'll use this utility that came with the drivers :
http://www.medianplace.com/clock.JPG

But I don't know what values I can rise...

My full specs are :
Abit KR7a
Athlon 2100+ (a while since I last checked but usually runs between 55/60 °c)
512 DDR
Hercules Rad9700 pro

Any tips would be greately appreciated :) I get 4700 3DMarks2003 on all default settings (1024x768x32) and 9150 3DMark2003 on all settings lowest possible...

I now have both core and memory at 324... I noticed in that otherthread people put the memory high but leave the core at 324/325 or so... should I do that too ? or should I keep rising both synchronizised ?

Well... I tried putting it at 324/390 but as soon as I press the "set" button, I get all weird flickering lines in my screen and my cursur becomes a box with some distorted graphics... when I reboot it'sgone and the values are back to it's default....

What am I doing wrong ? it's at 324/324 now.... I tried setting it to 324/600 too (as I noticed all people in the thread with a 9700 pro (thread link first reply) have the memory at 600+ but if I then press set my screen get corrupted even worse, like in totally... I can't see any windows screens anymore.. just vertical lines....

DJK said:
Well... I tried putting it at 324/390 but as soon as I press the "set" button, I get all weird flickering lines in my screen and my cursur becomes a box with some distorted graphics... when I reboot it'sgone and the values are back to it's default....

What am I doing wrong ? it's at 324/324 now.... I tried setting it to 324/600 too (as I noticed all people in the thread with a 9700 pro (thread link first reply) have the memory at 600+ but if I then press set my screen get corrupted even worse, like in totally... I can't see any windows screens anymore.. just vertical lines....

Most people are showing 600+ because they're posting the overall speed of the memory, AFTER factoring in the fact that it is DDR memory. Ergo, DDR memspeed = memclock x2. So they're really setting their memclock to 300+, NOT 600+. :) Start at 325 and work your way up slowly, 5mhz at a time, running a intensive videocard program like 3dmark03 after each increase to test for artifacts, (you're looking for little white/black specks throughout the picture, or other screen corruption).

What you saw with your 390 and 600 clocks, (780 and 1200!!! respectively) are extreme examples of artifacts, and frankly I'm surprised you didn't get a BSOD or other system crash at those speeds. You should be able to raise your core speeds much higher than your memory clocks, I'm running 400/345(690) with an iceberg4 on the gpu and no RAM sinks on a powercolour 9700p. I was able to get to 380 on the core with my stock ATI cooler. Good luck.

kestrel said:

Most people are showing 600+ because they're posting the overall speed of the memory, AFTER factoring in the fact that it is DDR memory. Ergo, DDR memspeed = memclock x2. So they're really setting their memclock to 300+, NOT 600+. :) Start at 325 and work your way up slowly, 5mhz at a time, running a intensive videocard program like 3dmark03 after each increase to test for artifacts, (you're looking for little white/black specks throughout the picture, or other screen corruption).

What you saw with your 390 and 600 clocks, (780 and 1200!!! respectively) are extreme examples of artifacts, and frankly I'm surprised you didn't get a BSOD or other system crash at those speeds. You should be able to raise your core speeds much higher than your memory clocks, I'm running 400/345(690) with an iceberg4 on the gpu and no RAM sinks on a powercolour 9700p. I was able to get to 380 on the core with my stock ATI cooler. Good luck.

Tnx, but each time I raise the core/memory value, when I reboot windows or dunno what puts it back to 324/310.50 :mad:

Why ? and how can I prevent this ?

DJK said:

Tnx, but each time I raise the core/memory value, when I reboot windows or dunno what puts it back to 324/310.50 :mad:

Why ? and how can I prevent this ?

I'm not familiar with the program your using to overclock, but looking at the pic you posted, have you gone into the advanced settings to see if there is a way to keep the settings after reboot?

Most people use one of the aftermarket programs like the Rage3d tweaker or Powerstrip which keeps the settings after reboot.

Back