• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey HEy HEy, 10K on its way very close .. 8500LE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

got a new score so I am happy with only a video card overclock of 300/300 with stock cooling, I tried 310/310 but 3D Mark 2K1SE locked up, so I am assuming ram is running too hot.

9804 no overclock on cpu at all

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4137698

this is a strong card for the equal of $120 US

Cisco KID

How that hell are you people doin this. I am trying to get that with all my stuff heavily overclocked and I can only get about 9800. If you check my specs you can see that I have all quality stuff. Is my video card defective or something.

EclipseJP said:
How that hell are you people doin this. I am trying to get that with all my stuff heavily overclocked and I can only get about 9800. If you check my specs you can see that I have all quality stuff. Is my video card defective or something.

what driver are you using and what board bios, you have the same board as me but with raid, what is your agp aperature set at , try 64 and then compare to 128

are you using turbo timimg settings on the board? I assume you are with your cpu overclock, also what via drivers are you using, the most up to date

I am using the catalyst driver ATI approved 2.1 version not the newest one but I plan to switch.

Also try performance settings for you video card under open gl and D3D

hope it helps, 10K is very close for you and me

Cisco KId

try new drivers and better memory timings.

from completely bone stock to pretty close to the limits my pc ranged from 8400 (stock everything) to 12054 last time i ran it.

better cooling might allow you to get more out of your chip. try lowering your multi and raising the FSB.

EclipseJP said:
I think what helped me was my RDRAM.
11,101 on 3Dmark.

Cooling is fine. I have Video Card and CPU watercooled. I am using all best timeings I think. I am using Cas 2. I dont know what is better for the other things. I have it at 3-6-3.

EclipseJP said:
Cooling is fine. I have Video Card and CPU watercooled. I am using all best timeings I think. I am using Cas 2. I dont know what is better for the other things. I have it at 3-6-3.

thats your problem you want that at 2-5-2

Man, 7730 is all I can get.
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4146957 .
I am using the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI and had them set to High performance. What else can I do? Everyone I comapre against is atleast 1000pts higher with the same processor config.
What am I doing wrong? What changes would have the most effect on scores? Someone pls help me, I should be able to match my buddies score on his non O/C'd 4600 on a 1.3 P3/

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

match a ti4600?? not gonna happen even with a pretty large gap in cpu and memory speed....8500 is good...but not that good.

illbreakit said:
Man, 7730 is all I can get.
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4146957 .
I am using the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI and had them set to High performance. What else can I do? Everyone I comapre against is atleast 1000pts higher with the same processor config.
What am I doing wrong? What changes would have the most effect on scores? Someone pls help me, I should be able to match my buddies score on his non O/C'd 4600 on a 1.3 P3/

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

get most recent board bios, try the 2.1 catalyst driver or the omega 1.1.07 tweaked catalyst driver

what are you running the 8500 at core/mem?

Cisco KId

I have the Catalyst 2.2 and am runnin 295/300. My buddy is runnin 8800-8900. I know that should be in my reach, at least I think it should be.
I will look for the omega1.1.07 drivers and try them. I just wana go to him and say HAHA, just once.

Back