• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hi guys can someone please explain something to me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

umarrehman187

wel i downloaded driver genious professional and paid for it...well once i scanned it it said my nvdia 7025/630 a is out of date so it downloaded the lastest one and it installed it...my windows is workin fine but im just worried shud have i trusted this program...what is a chipset is it worth updating drivers for it

More information is needed. Like driver for what part? Nvidia 7025/630 doesnt mean much to me, sorry.

edit: a chipset is what your board uses to run on. And you should have a recent one installed, yes.

well the chipset is nvidia 7025/630.....i have an asrock n68 motherboard with that chipset...and usinng the driver genious program i updated it

To be completely honest, you are much better off knowing what your hardware is, and keeping drivers up to date on your own. For one thing, it saves you money, for another, do you know where it downloaded the driver from? How do you know for sure that it installed the driver that will give you the best performance? Sometimes an older driver might perform better than a newer one. You also have the chance to research the newest driver before you install it. I have had a driver update trash my system on an older Asus board, and that is when I learned to research ANY updates I do. The only way to get that system back up, was to format and reinstall. I didn't know there were options to back up data back then, so I did lose quite a bit of data. I also fell victim to the dreaded 2.40 Playstation 3 update, which was forced on me one night to play a game online. Always research your driver updates before you install them, and download them only from the official site. You will be much happier with the way your system will run.

OH guys please help man my dads gonna kill me...i jus changedmy multiplier from 14 to 15 so its 2900 mhz from 2800 mhz wen i turn my otherpc on the screen stays blank guys please help what shall i do can i restart it nothings coming on screen

pop out the jumper, turn it on. Put jumper back in, and turn on. Should do it. I have a switch that goes to my bios jumper and comes out a PCI cover in the back. Makes OC easy, and losing it even easier.

The cmos reset jumper is usually near the cmos battery and it sits on two of three pins. To reset the cmos, move the jumper AFTER YOU TURN OFF THE POWER TO THE COMPUTER. Best to switch it off on the back of the power supply. If the cmos jumper normally rests on pins 1 and 2 move it to 2 and 3. If it normally rests on pins 2 and 3 move it to pins 1 and 2. Leave it there for a couple seconds then move it back to the normal position. Then power the computer back up.

Resetting the CMOS restores the bios to stock settings.

The chipset coordinates, controls, defines and determines certain hardware functions in concert with the memory, cpu and the operating system. Updating the driver can fix bugs or improve compatibility with new operating systems.

Don't panic. When you raised the multiplier from 14 to 15 you didn't hurt anything. May just need to raise the CPU voltage a tad to make it work unless you have already been overclocking it and you exceeded the limit.

Last edited:
hi

ok i have and amd prcoessor....i remeber when i just changed the multiplier freom 14 to 15 in the bios when i tunred on my computer screen was blank......does AMD cool n quiet have to be off to overclock was tht the reason my screen was blank?

Cool n quiet should be turned off if you overclock the cpu, which is what you did when you raised the multiplier. You might do well to bump the cpu voltage up a tad as well.

well trents ive tried everything to overclock my asrock n68 even tho it has untied overclock technology whenever i overclock it never works, pc is on but screen is off, so i have to do all the cmos thing....question is i got a software asrock oc tuner wich came with my motherboard can i use that you guys think its safe?

Back