• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High temperatures on HWMonitor - should i be worried?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Backwoods7

Registered
Hi,
I just built my new computer and im worried about these hwmonitor results. TMPIN3, AUXTIN and CPUTIN have all maxed at over 100C idle?! Should i be worried or are these some false readings?

I also just got some warning from AI SUITE 2 that said something about +5V, but i didnt have time to read it.

Attachments

• nimetön.png
    nimetön.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,054
Those temp's are erroneous. The only temp's you need to be concerned with are the core temp's, using either Real Temp or Core Temp to monitor them. Other than that, just keep the Distance to TjMax (105C for IB) at no less than 20-25C (Tjunction / core temp's no higher than 85C).

Ok thanks! If those temps are erroneus, i most likely shouldnt worry about the voltage warning either (+5V 0,800 Abnormal)? Sorry if offtopic.

If you want the most accurate +5V reading, either measure it directly at the 24-pin ATX12V connector or a 4-pin molex, both of which use red wires for the +5V. Next best would be to check the voltage in the Hardware Monitor section of the BIOS / UEFI. As far as Ai Suite, I would just uninstall it.

Back