• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High Temperatures?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

siktik

Hey guys, I finished my first build a couple days ago and begun testing it out the last few days. I run a Barton 2500 with stock heatsink. I just installed MBM 5 and been looking at my temps..........well to say the least they are very hot. My idle temp is around 47-50c and my socket is about 40c-45c. My case is 28c and its about 78 fahrenheit in my room. Well im using the stock heatsink and stock thermal pad .....is this my problem? I have the processor running at 1.83 gig. Could there be a reason im runnin so hot? Full load temps went up to 60 C! Am i doing damage to my cpu? Also I have 2 case fans goin and the cpu fan....but still high temps. Any recommendations? (I am consider putting some artic silve on but could someone tell me how to take of the heatsink? I dont want to break anything and its being stubborn. Any suggestions? Also my vcore is at stock 1.675ish

your case temps are high but that may be normal for where you live.you need to do all you can to improve them starting with cutting out the stamped grids or grills in front of your fans.might need a change of fans too but we don't know until you tell us what case you have.

welcome to the forums!

Last edited:
Gotten down to 55 with load and about 48 idle......just put another case fan in and duct taped some wires for better flow. Prolly should put some artic silve on now. But can anyone tell me how to take of the stock heatsink without breaking anything? it like wont budge

Back