• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

high temps when adding GPU in to Custom loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DR.N3wB

Registered
im having issues with my loop with high temps specifically on my gpu
heres some pictures of my loop
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (5).png

i added the GPU into my loop
my temps on my cpu i5 6600k
idle 27c under load for 2 hours 52c
at 4.8ghz

my gpu is actually running cooler at idle with water than air
gtx 1070 g1
30c at idle for 4 hours vs air was at 43c
when i stress test it while be water cooled it gets up to 73c!! under 100% load
how do i bring down my temps?

Can't make out the specs of your loop. Too much RGB lighting. Can you get a pic without the RGB and create a signature with your system's specs:

Upper right corner>Settings
Left panel>Edit Signature
Create Signature
Preview
Save and exit

More rad and/or moving more air with more powerful fans (this will be noisy).

How much rad do you have?

Give us normal pictures of the PC without a desktop shot, RBGs on with the lights off in the room as its too bright to make out whats going in there. We need clear pics and a list of your full system components and loop as already stated.

Lets try this again. The file you keep opening via paint, upload only that file, not a screen shot of your desktop. We don't want to see anything else but your PC.

Lol, just upload the picture file created in paint....your link to your kit doesnt work either. Slow down...get it right before hitting post! :)

I see a 2x120mm radiator trying to cool a 6600k and a 1070... makes sense yoyr temps are warm. Not enough radiator.

I also notice you have a push pull fan setup on the bottom... but that bottom fan is blowing out... those fans, all on the radiator, should be blowing IN the case.

Yep. Didn't click the links but that looks like the new ek aluminium kits? I always thought that there was not enough rad in those kits. They have added extra radiators you can buy to expand the loop now but you don't look like you have a whole lot of room to work with

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...water_cooling_kits-_-1YF-006K-00002-_-Product

this is the water cooling kits i have installed

i was thinkinig about adding my h110 i gt AIO RAd into my loop mounting it at the top and use those little clamps that are used on cars rads to hold those hoses in place

i also have a 120mm rad on a working AIO that i can mount on the back

space is a huge issue right now so is my budget lol

You need at least 1x240 or 280 to keep it cool. No way a 280 cuts it.

You can grab the rad+fitting+tubing+fans for a hundred bucks or so.

im on a 0 dollar budget for my computer for a few months

do you think i could use a rad from one of my AIO's i have 3 h100i RADS and a H110i gt RAD as well as a h50 wich is a 120mm rad

i am literally running out of space in my case as you can see from the pictures above

i can install my stock back plate that came with my video card back on will that help with my temps?

EDIT(all the green fans are purely for looks except for the one on the back that's my exhaust)

Rule of thumb for watercooling is : 120mm rad space per 100w of heat to be removed. So with that in mind;

Your vid cards is about 200w and your chip oc'ed is about 80w (give or take a few watts on both) for a total of 280-320w of heat to be removed. That 280mm rad alone is not going to be enough as everyone stated. For the chip and video card you can get a 360mm rad to work. Given you have a capsule of case to work with, I would mod a larger rad outside the case, or get a bigger case for more raddage.

For now tho you need to swap fans around. Front fans for pulling air IN the case. Rear fans to pull OUT of the case. Top fans pulling air OUT the case, bottom fans pulling air IN the case.

Front, bottom = IN
Rear, top = OUT

what size 360mm rad? could i get away with a 360slim from primochill (mount it in the front) and get 240mm slim rad for the top(if they make something like that)

With rig in sig' and 560 worth of rads, I am not satisfied with the delta at equilibrium (8/10c give or take...) with fans at max sped (corsairs high pressure 140+noise blockers). Systems pull something like 500w (200+300) when everything is on load. Will put an extra 140 next week, don't like the noise...

If you can get a 360mm in the case, then by all means go for it. If you can add a 240/280mm on the top also, then that's a great idea! Yes they make 240mm rads in different thicknesses.

Here's pic of how the airflow should go:

Attachments

• AIRFLOW.png
    AIRFLOW.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 325
what size 360mm rad? could i get away with a 360slim from primochill (mount it in the front) and get 240mm slim rad for the top(if they make something like that)

Most gain is made through raddage surface. Why don't you just add a 240 on top and keep the 280 in front? Should be enough.

what brand of 360mm(SLIM) rad would you recommend(when my budget allows me to to drop more money into this lol) im about lil over 2K on this build so far =)

Most gain is made through raddage surface. Why don't you just add a 240 on top and keep the 280 in front? Should be enough.

i have BROKEN AIO's the RADS are FINE..... i was thinking about using those rads.... but so far nobody's has been to fond of those so far

what brand of 360mm(SLIM) rad would you recommend(when my budget allows me to to drop more money into this lol) im about lil over 2K on this build so far =)

i have BROKEN AIO's the RADS are FINE..... i was thinking about using those rads.... but so far nobody's has been to fond of those so far

That's because those rads are aluminum and your current setup is copper/brass. You'll be mixing metals which is not a good idea on account of corrosion. Now if you want to add those rads, go right ahead. You'll need an anti-corrosive additive to use as a fluid.

If you can make it work, then go for it.

i have a GALLEON of distilled water with the tube treatment and corrosive treatment in it(i also have a coil of silver in my res... i have half a galleon of it left
i have been changing my water out every like 3 or 4 months ( im pretty new to this )

i just thought about this what if i changed my loop order to ress----pump---gpu----rad---cpu
VS rad--- pump---gpu---cpu

I would use the silver coil along with the aluminum rad and copper blocks. Just use the distilled/corrosive fluid without the silver if you plan on using the aluminum AIO rad.

Loop order doesn't really matter so long as the pump is fed first. Run the loop order with the shortest route for a cleaner look.

I have my loop like so: Res>pump>rad>cpu block>back to res. I've always run my order to the rad first before the block, but that's just me. I don't have a Gpu block yet. I have a universal gpu block, but still undecided if i want to use it over a full cover block. I also have an xtra 480mm rad and a 260mm heatercore to use so I have plenty of raddage for whatever I want to go for.

Back