• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HL2 Expansion Pack

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Feydd said:
Massive, WTF is so massive about it? Rip off the original doom story, add the military to it, have earth get taken over by aliens. Sorry but that hardly qualifies as massive.

Basically every new story is a variation of an older one. I am quite sure the original doom story is just a variation of some other story. Just because something isnt the absolute original doesnt mean it can't be great.

To be honest, I didn't really like HL2 or Doom 3. I felt Doom 3 was just mindless shooting, I mean sure I jumped a few times when the face-hugger-clones jumped up from grates about 2 inches from "my face", but it was just Doom. There was no real "new" feel (beyond the graphics) to it. Half-life 2 was better, no question, but it just wasn't nearly as good as I expected it to be. The plot was the same. "fight level" "vehicle level" things were not mixed, it was just do x, do y, do z.
I guess Deus Ex (not the new one, that abomination is a parasite bleeding the good name of the first one) and the original Half Life have spoiled me.

I'm not a fan of expansion packs, though I admit, a Half-Life 2 expansion pack piques my interest since the expansions for the first HL were very well done. Opposing Force, though, is imo one of the better expansion packs to be released. The only thing I didn't like about Blue Shift, was, it was kinda short.

atigamerguy said:
Did Alyx die in the explosion?

i truly hope not. she was one of the NPC characters i enjoyed most (hahaha)

Question is...i got HL2 gold (steam). will the expansion pack be freely downloadable (to all, or gold users alone?) or will i have to grab my dads VISA again?

atigamerguy said:
Did Alyx die in the explosion?

That's never really revealed. The G-man showed up and the action kinda halted. Wether or not she made it out alive is rather unknown.

I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later at any rate. There's this expansion coming out, and HL3 as well.

And not all expansion packs blow, tyvm. I rather enjoy Blizzard's expansion contributions.

I don't know if I will be buying the expansion pack... I like the multi better then the single player myself... and I doubt I will get much otta an expansion...

Anyone else feel the same?

i will be all over this when it comes out. Hopefully the rumours are true! Hopefully it wont be short! Hopefully it will be released soon!

Ugh, I've always disliked those 'combination' weapons - it's what happens when a developer can't be bothered to make several normal ones.

Back