• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hmm can be done right? wireless Q..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozzman

ok im going to be moving out next year and plan to have a good amount of roomates..

here is the question.. i was thinking of ways to keep costs down..

of course we all will be sharing a high level cable or dsl connection and it will be wireless..

now here is the question.. to keep costs down, would it be possible to setup a wireless router to the modem.. then wireless switchs or routers in each of the rooms and just have the systems plug into the routers or switchs in thier rooms via a regular ethernet cable? and then have that router or switch (i know the difference but i dont think it would matter in my case) in each room talk wirelessly to the router hooked up to the modem? i can get them (wireless router or switch) for about 20 bucks each. this would seem much cheaper then buying one wireless router and 4-7 wireless nics. and wouldnt it be about the same idea as daisy chaining?

just want to comfirm this would work.. i see no reason why it shouldnt.. however i also dont understand why so many people buy desktop wireless nics instead of routers or switchs when they are cheaper and probably have better signal strength..

Back