• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hoot chute inspiration...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ivanlabrie

Hi! well i've recently joined this great site...
I was wondering wether anyone here tried the afore mentioned famous cooling mod (AKA Hoot Chute) on a XP-90 heatsink or with more modern components.
:attn:
I can buy a car blower that actually works for dirt cheap and build a casing for it.
Any thoughts on this?
Actual temp is 40c idle 57c load @ 23c ambient (profile rig)
Haven't lapped the hsf nor the ihs, btw.-
Thanks for your input, i'm still a total noob but so far i'm digging my stay here.
:cool:

Ought to be entertaining to play with!

Heatsink design has come incredibly far since then though, I expect you could get similar temps from a Megahalems with a random 120mm fan on it as with the Hoot and that pin type heatsink.

IMOG has been known to bench with a PseudoHoot setup.

Hehe guess so...but i can't fit a Megahalems on my 478 prescott!
-also i don't see the point in that- I wanted to get good case cooling and less noise, seems a car blower might do the trick, plus it's dirt cheap :D
I'll post back with results when i try hehe ;) I bet i'll turn out good (at least for top down coolers)

ps: i'll be known as a pretty whacked old school ocer here with these frankenstein-new-old-rig posts o' mine lol

Back