• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hostiles on the ground! (255 bots != 56K)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
Enemy troops spotted!

Me and 255 of my closest friends (bots) on single player. DO NOT try this on your Celeron :D I wanted to see what it was like, but it's total carnage....lotsa people shooting at you and you can't help but give team damage when attacking.

Make sure to view at their full res of 1280x1024 for what it really looks like ;)

255bots.jpg

255bots2.jpg

255bots3.jpg

255bots4.jpg

How do you add more players? I never played single player because its only 8on8 or some crap

*edit* after 2 seconds of searching I found the tool. Ill take a SS of myne ;)

^^ It's a mess, no doubt ;) Yeah, they all cluster up til someone tosses a grenade or if there's armor or something, then it's like a munched ant hill when they respawn...haha.

You need a lot of tickets if you want to play for more than 10 minutes tho because a grenade will kill 15-20 at a time :D You can see the pic with the tank, there's like 7 guys in the air and a bunch of bodies/kits on the ground...troops die fast. Team damage is outta hand, but there's a good supply of medics and there's never one far away :)

Strike @ Karkand 16-player map with a ton of bots would just be insanely frustrating, but I am going to try it with 128 bots on a 64 map...

Its pure madness, too much going on to even catch half of it in a screenshot.

screen001.jpg

screen003.jpg

jpg image quality sux tho

LOL, told ya! That's why I got in a helicopter or on top of something. 1) you'll get killed fast just standing around and 2) you can't really see the scope of it unless you're further away.

80-90 bots is way more than enough to be challenging, but still playable...

This was Strike with just 128 bots. I couldn't help myself when they all piled up in there...see that grenade? They all blew out of there like fireworks going off :D It was full again 10 seconds later an oddly enough none of the C4 went off?

strike.jpg

^^^ Mercenaries 4.5 mod ;) COOP 4.0 is pretty good too, but I like Mercenaries just a tad better. Project Reality is the other mod I play...they just released a new version today...downloading now ;)

I mostly play SP and REALLY wish EA would put the damn Bot AI stuff out so people could make some of these 3rd party maps SP instead of MP only...some of them look amazing...

That is a ridiculous number of bots, what is your framerate with that many AI running around? And yes, why are the skins green?

I think you need to tinker with the config files to get more bots, i remember seeing an article on how to do it some time ago, ill see if i can dig it up again.

EDIT:

I pulled this straight of tweakguides.com, here you go:

Increasing Singleplayer Bots

To increase the number of bots used in singleplayer mode, go to your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\AI directory and open the file aidefault.ai with Notepad or Wordpad (make sure to create a backup copy of it first). Read the instructions in the file which basically involves placing the word REM in front of each of the first 5 lines starting with 'aiSettings.set', then removing the REM's in front of the next 4 lines starting with 'aiSettings.set'. Change the number at the end of the aiSettings.setMaxNBots 32 line to determine the number of bots to use (e.g. aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64 for 64 bots). Note that more bots can really stress your system and hence destabilize it, causing a crash back to desktop - particularly for those with older CPUs. For example, 64 bots on most systems will cause a crash.

@Polish Fury: FPS is slow, but I've only tried it at 1280x1024. It reads 15 and anything under 29 FPS is "15". I don't play with 255 bots...it's not really feasible, but it doesn't ever CTD. Gloves are green because the uniforms are changed in the Mercenaries mod.

@Janus67: I usually don't play as Commander, but I tried for ya. If I stand in a place near lots of bots, by the time I get the artillery fired and wait for it to hit, I am killed or the game is over! I'd need to try it from a helo to stay safe and increase the tickets to give me some time...

strike.jpg

ROFL .... that big pile of guys is just to funny ... :beer:

Boy , you could you get a great kill ratio from a game like that , lol

okay didnt read it all but clue me in, what game is this?

man i had an awsome Xeon server i could of used to host the map on and join it!!! mm maybe have to make use of our works dual opteron system on night ;) ;)

@Stereo: yeah, but you do a lot of team damage too :( It's almost impossible to use anything other than a gun and even then a lot of the time, your team will run through your line of fire. That particular instance was just too tempting to pass up :D

@Jack: yeah, there are quite a few 64-player maps available...the "BF2SP64" mod comes to mind, though most mods/mini-mods add larger maps and more flags anyway. The only thing I've noticed about most of them though, is that the enemy still seem to spawn at their OEM flags and attack your OEM flags no matter how many flags there are or how many bots you use. BF2SP64 adds like 4 flags on the dock area of Karkand and one is MEC by default and 3 are neutral. You can pretty much walk around in there and not ever see one single enemy.

Even a small map with 64 bots = pretty challenging. The smaller the map and the more bots, the more work you have to do because they are everywhere. One night I did a 2000 ticket Karkand with 64 bots and it took *forever* because it's nearly impossible to capture and keep all the flags. IIRC, I had something like 850 kills and 1800 points :D

@Mr.G: Battlefield 2. I was actually going to see if there was an OCF server for it. I usually play in SP mode because 1) I am probably not as good as others and 2) no VOIP to talk with others, but it does get kinda boring "alone" even with more bots/mods.

Back