• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I get a repeater to work with a LAN device?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

I have an old fish tank device that did not come with Wifi. I bought a Asus RP-AC55 so it can hook up to it via ethernet. Problem is how do I get the device to basically be a part of my standard network?
When I go into the fish tank device network settings the IP address is not the same standard as my asus router. I have the RP-AC55 device set up as a repeater.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Not familiar with the Asus device, but does it have a bridge mode?

If the IP address is not the same, then chances are it is acting as a DHCP server.

Yep. Set it up in "Media Bridge" mode.
You'll want to connect to it via it's WiFi address. If it is in default mode, consult you user manual. Configure it to Media Bridge mode and tell it what SSID to use and all that. You'll do all of this via your web browser but your manual will tell you that.

Yep. Set it up in "Media Bridge" mode.
You'll want to connect to it via it's WiFi address. If it is in default mode, consult you user manual. Configure it to Media Bridge mode and tell it what SSID to use and all that. You'll do all of this via your web browser but your manual will tell you that.

Perfect thank you! That worked. I found how to change it to media bridge and then that did the trick.

Back