• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I make my IP look like it's in a Different State?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toasty_Squirrel

**Complete mundane, harmless, and legal motivation here. :)**

I'd like to set it up so my computer so looks like it's coming from California instead of Florida. Does anyone know how to do this?

I've found numerous online free routing services (like ninjacloak.com or the Tor project). But that's all random. I need my computer to look like it's in a specific *State* in the US.

Alternatively if anyone knows a better place to post this question, I'm game for that as well. I just haven't found any official "Tor" forum anywhere.

Thanks! :)

You can do this with tor but it may seriously degrade your performance. It will also defeat any anonymity gained by using the tor system (which you said you don't mind).

You will have to specify your ExitNodes in your torrc file. You would do that by looking on tor status to find some exit nodes in the state you want to exit from. That is slightly tedious work and you can do that yourself. If you have any other questions let me know.

The tor manual is here (https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-manual.html.en)

You can do this with tor but it may seriously degrade your performance. It will also defeat any anonymity gained by using the tor system (which you said you don't mind).

You will have to enable StrictExitNodes and then specify your ExitNodes. You would do that by looking on tor status to find some exit nodes in the state you want to exit from. That is slightly tedious work and you can do that yourself. If you have any other questions let me know.

The tor manual is here (https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-manual.html.en)

this

and OP I'd like to know why your doing this?

Back