• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does my Xeon Build Look?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loafer87gt

Registered
Just hoping you guys could check things out and see if you see anything glaringly wrong with my new workstation build.

74 GB Raptor System Drive
2 x 2.4LV Diamond ES Xeons w. Intel Windtunnels
Asus NCCH-DL Board
BFG 6800 GT Softmodded to Quadro 4000
Enermax 6501 550 EPS Power Supply
200 GB 7200 Maxtor Storage Drive

The big thing missing to complete the build is the memory modules. I still don't know what will work best. On my old AsusP4P800 board you had to be running PC3200 at Cas2 speeds to get the PAT feature working. Does this also apply to the 875 boards as well? Ideally, I would like to get two sticks of reaonably priced PC 1 GB PC3200 modules that I could run in dual channel mode with PAT acceleration enabled. Could you guys make any recommendations to me?

Hi Diecca,

Do you have to be using Cas 2 memory to enable the PAT acceleration on these boards? I am having a really hard time finding low latency 1 GB modules.

I though I found a winner with the PDC2G3200LLK Patriot Dual Channel Cas 2 kit, but a call to Patriot revealed that they no longer carry or offer support for these modules.

Just dont fill all 4 slots and the PAT will be fine..What are ya clocked up to with that system..

The previous owner said the chips were good up to 3.4 on the stock Intel Windtunnels. Should make for a pretty snappy little rendering box.

Gaming shouldn't suck either... :)

Wish me luck on my first Duallie - if this things multitasks half as well as my old Amiga I will be one happy dude...

Back