• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does pine64 compare with other card sized computers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MunkyTOS

Hey OC'ers,

cde95afb3b79b7d0ff238e4e3fc82eda_original.jpg

3a8d682a1e1be6f3c89c18b3d2d9c9d7_original.jpg

Pine 64 Kickstarter campaign

A few weeks back I had come across this but didn't really pay much attention to it. With 8 days left in its kickstarter program, I was curious how good of a product this actually is in terms of overall and price per performance and against other competitors. It seems like judging by their campaign that this is an amazingly good product and blows rpi out of the water but we all know advertising is about neglecting to mention drawbacks or putting extra emphasis on minor differences.

Last edited:
Ive seen from android that firmware can take the same device from a zero to a hero. For instance I have a dual core device with an msm8960 that jumped 6k points (Antutu benchmark) from a firmware change. I also have a quadcore device that cant match the previous device on the same benchmark - despite having 2 more cores and 64bit processing power as well as more ram. Firmware implimentation matters :)

Perhaps I shall wait til they're in consumer hands and have been tested more. Am very surprised to see them producing these at such a low price point though, makes me wonder what their costs are to make them.

Back