• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much do parts depreciate when slightly second-hand?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

osen

I'm wondering what my PC might fetch, I completely overhauled it just last year, though the case is a few years old.

It's got:
Windows 10 Pro
MSI MS-7A39 B350M Gaming Pro
AMD R5 1600
Nvidia ASUS GTX 1060 6GB
2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
Crucial BX300 240GB SSD
Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue
EVGA 600 W1, 80+ WHITE 600W
Corsair Harpoon mouse

I'm looking to get rid of it as I need the dough. What kind of depreciation am I looking at? Sorry if this isn't the place for such questions, just thought I'd see what I could gather before I stick it up for sale.

You have to look at what your local market is like but knock about 1/3 off nearest equivalent new as a starting point. I wouldn't rate it as "slightly" second hand either if you've had it over half a year.

In some cases you may be better off parting it out. Research prices for the individual parts on the used market, like that GTX 1060 6 GB. If it wasn't used for mining that's a selling point.

The things that are gonna hold you back are the 80+ White PSU and the 8GB of RAM. If you had even an 80+ Bronze PSU, it'd bump your asking room up a fair bit. I'm assuming it's also not modular in any way. I don't see your case listed, but given that it's a few years old by your own admission...

I'd say $500-$600 for the system as a whole, depending on what the case actually looks like and how many fans you have in it. You might be able to push for $650 or $700, given that RAM is heavily overpriced right now.

Back